Tabs

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
Today marks the 7th Valentine's Day that Matt and I have spent together. We usually don't do much, fondue at home if anything, but not this year!! Before I tell about our fun night I wanted to share this picture from our first Valentine's Day together, 7 years ago!
We were just babies! Matt was only 19 and I was 20. This is at 24 Fitness where I used to work and my best friend Amy took it. It is framed and on our mantel because it is one of my favorite pictures of us. We had so much fun that night getting all dressed up. We went to eat at a restaurant called Angell's. We had only been dating a couple months.
Now flash forward a few years and here we were this year celebrating a couple days early:
Not quite the same!! Car seat in the back, baby in the belly, Matt has short hair, crazy how time flies!! ;)
My mom had offered to watch Paiton this weekend and asked if she could come over for a slumber party! Matt and I decided to take her up on the offer and go out! What I didn't think about was it being Valentine's weekend and everywhere being crazy! I just booked two weddings for this summer, so we decided to splurge a little and go out to a nice dinner. We never go out without Paiton and we never go somewhere expensive!
I tried making us reservations some places but couldn't get in anywhere. On Friday I got a text from Matt at work saying he took care of it and not to worry about it. Then when he got home from work he told me we were going to Angell's!! We had a free movie ticket and we decided since we'd be {mostly ;)} baby-free we'd sneak in a movie too. Other than Tangled I have been to exactly 1 movie since Paiton was born! I was pretty excited!
Saturday afternoon I had a photo shoot, then I hurried home, got dressed {which is a chore when 6 months pregnant and trying to find something that isn't jeans to wear....} and we headed out to drop Paiton off at Nannie and Papa's. As soon as we got there she made Papa set up her movie and blanket and she was good to go. She didn't even want to kiss us goodbye or anything. Now, I don't leave my baby very often, hardly ever. We love to be with her and it's hard for me to leave her, so when we got in the car Matt promptly hid my phone so that I couldn't text my mom all night. Dinner was delicious. I had a salad, steak, and mashed potatoes and Matt had a salad, prime rib, and fries. Then they brought out the dessert tray and we couldn't resist! I got what was called a chocolate bomb - it was a brownie with chocolate mousse on top, covered in hardened chocolate, with a chocolate covered strawberry and it was good! Matt got creme brule, which he also said was good. Then we were stuffed and I had baby feet in my ribs and was not comfortable so we went to the mall to walk around for a bit. Luckily I had packed my Ugg boots in the car for just such an occasion and I kicked off my heels and put those babies on! :)
We walked around the mall until it was time for our movie. I texted to check on Pai and she was doing good! She was eating a Valentine's cupcake! Yum!!
We went and saw Black Swan which was pretty good. By the time it got over it was almost 11:30 and I fell asleep in the car on the way home! We had such a fun night and it was good to get out with just Matt and I! We got to have adult conversations (about Paiton of course) and just be together.
The next morning we got up and went to Flying M for coffee and breakfast before we went to get Paiton. We met Mom and Dad and P at Brandon's house to say goodbye to the boys (they are flying to Virginia for a month to visit Carissa's family.) We were so excited to see Paiton and she was happy to see us too! She grabbed my face and wouldn't stop kissing me! Definitely melted my heart!!
Here are some pictures from my phone that they texted me of Paiton Sunday morning:
Nana made Paiton pancakes - which she loves! Paiton has been saying the funniest things, apparently the pancakes were hot so she had Papa blow on them. When he was done blowing she picked one up and said "It's still a little warm Carol." Haha!
Carseats make a good spot to watch a movie:
On Sunday I had promised Paiton that if she took a good nap I would take her to Play Park. (All parks are called Play Park because that is what they're called on Dora!)
It was really, really nice out - in the 50's, so we took her out after her nap. All she wanted to do was swing!
Part of Paiton's Valentine's present from Nana was a princess watch and she hasn't taken it off since she got it (in fact she is asleep right now and she slept with it on all night!)
Cameron had a fake baby for a school project this weekend. These babies are crazy! They can burp, cough, they cry, have to be fed, have to be changed, etc. She got a Native American baby and gave it a name I can't even remember!
Well Paiton LOVED this baby. She couldn't play with it because it has sensors and you have to hold the head, etc., but she loved to just sit by it's carseat and look at it and talk to it.
She kept telling us "She is so beautiful! Look at her beautiful ears! Look at her beautiful eyes!" Everything about the baby was "beautiful" and Paiton couldn't get enough. She would say "I love her so much!" Finally I asked her "Paiton, is that a real baby or a doll?" She looked at me like I was an idiot and said "It's just a doll!" She kept asking if she could tickle the baby and hug and kiss the baby. She was very, very sweet and never touched the baby without asking! We are definitely going to have the BEST big sister EVER at our house!!

And what would a post be without the latest funny Paiton stories!! I have been questioned by a few people whether or not these stories actually happen and Paiton actually says these things, she does!! There are witnesses who can attest (including my doctor, haha!)
~The other day Paiton was supposed to get to play with her friends and she was being naughty so I finally told her "If you don't listen and mind I'm going to call Liz and tell her you can't play with the girls." Paiton's response, "I don't care! Call her!" Matt had a similar happening when she hit him with her binky and he took it and told her "You don't get your binky back until you apologize." Paiton: "I don't care!" (She did care, she minded both times.)
~My mom and I took Paiton to Target (which she calls "the pretzel store") and she was playing with this plastic black and white cow. She noticed it's pink udder and said "Oh mom! The cow has a bum rash!" We laughed pretty good at that one.
~The other day after Matt came out of the bathroom after taking a shower and getting dressed Paiton ran up to him and said "Look at you Matty! You look fabulous!!" It was absolutely hilarious!! We both cracked up!
~Saturday when I was getting ready for our date Paiton was in the bathroom putting on lotion and all of a sudden she started yelling "It's coming! It's coming down! Get it Mama!" I didn't know what she was talking about so I stepped back and she pointed at a tiny little spider and said "The spiderman! Get the spiderman!" I killed the spider but she just couldn't let it go. She ran out to her daddy and kept telling him "The spiderman scared me!" Apparently she thinks spiders are called spiderman and she is very scared of them! It was really cute.
~We seem to have our first imaginary friend!! It's a unicorn. It doesn't have a name, but it's been living in a corner of our house for a few days now. She just informs us that a unicorn is over there and that's about it. Last night it was scaring her for some reason. It's a little creepy and I hope that the unicorn finds somewhere else to live soon.
Sorry for the long post, but I have to get these awesome memories typed up before I forget. They are just too good!!

1 comment:

Joe, Riki, and Caydence said...

Caydence and I love the Paiton stories, thanks for the update. I need your new address, so please email me when you can. Oh and I have a picture of an alligator on my blog if Piaton wants to look at it :)