Tabs

Monday, September 15, 2008

Sweet P's Room!

I am going to apologize in advance because this post is going to be long with a lot of pictures - but they're enjoyable!! :)

First off the Koch's were here to visit - Yay! While I don't really have any pictures of them (sorry, I was off my game), Here are a couple from when we all went out to eat.

Uncle Matt and Cadon walking outside
Matt Matt, Titi, and Cadon
Kiki, Ashley (Paiton), Cami


Yesterday Cadon, Carissa, Mom and I went to Babies R Us and Craft Warehouse in search of stuff to hang in P's room. Cadon was such a good boy he got to pick out a toy at Babies R Us and he picked this little thing you push that pops these little balls around and makes lots of fun noises. Uncle Matt took him on a walk to Grandpa and Grandma Riggs' to show them his new toy!

I bet you all thought I was kidding in another post when I said we let the baby eat off the floor with the dog....Not kidding! It's ok, they're best friends.


This weekend we finally got Paiton's room ready!! Yay! It actually wasn't so bad putting it together. I am proud to say I built the crib all by myself and it was super easy! I mean, it was really hard and took hours and hours ;) Then last night Matt and I built her dresser which also turned out super cute. We only sustained minor injuries. I split my ankle bone open on the toolbox and lost some blood, Matt stepped on and crushed one of the pieces of the dresser, but you can't tell, and then I fell and scraped up my arm. Good times overall. Now for anyone who doesn't know this about us - we enjoy giving back to our community. Whenever we have some junk, I mean really nice stuff, to get rid of, we put it in our front yard and see how long it takes for some of our awesome neighbors to come pick it up. Last night was the ultimate experiment. We decided to empty our downstairs TV room because it's going to become a playroom for the baby. So we hauled outside a couch, two suede banana type chairs, and a TV stand. We had literally shut the door and sat down to build the dresser when someone took the couch - under two minutes. Then about 3 minutes after that someone hauled away the rest. We are extremely proud to say that in about 7 minutes we got rid of a room's worth of stuff. Score!

So here is Paiton's room so far. Keep in mind I still have some stuff to put on the walls.
This is the dresser that we built. I am not sure what is going to go in the frame on the right yet....
This is her little night stand thing and the cool painting we found that matches the orange.
Here is the crib I built!! The picture frames on the right and left of it will go on the wall (obviously) and one will have the black and white picture of Matt and I looking at my belly that we had taken and the other one will be of P's precious little face when she gets here. There is also a really cute frame in the crib that Auntie Kiki made for P that says "Life's Little Miracle" that needs to go somewhere. So cute!!
The changing table and the crib.

And the changing table and the dresser. I added some new bedding onto our registry last night so now we have a better idea of how the room will look. Here is the bedding we love:

I already have the brown swirlies that go on the wall. It's going to be CUUUUUTE! :)

Last night we were checking out Paiton's newborn diapers. They're just so SMALL! I mean they are tiny little things. Matt has yet to ever change a diaper in his life so last night he practiced putting one on a teddy bear that he got P. He did really good! All I had to tell him was which way the diaper went and after that he cruised! Good job Matt, you rock!!

Ok I think that's enough for now. I will get up more pictures once we get some more stuff done like putting pictures in the frames and getting the swirls on the walls, etc. So far we have been having TONS of fun and every day we get more anxious for her to FINALLY be here! I have washed all of her clothes and we like to look at them and how tiny they are!! The countdown is officially on...

No comments: