Someone suggested to me that I make a list of all the things that I didn't know about being pregnant and that it would end up being pretty funny, so here goes.
1. I didn't know that most of the Old Wives Tales would end up being true. At work we did all the tests to determine the sex and all but one said GIRL! Also: bad heartburn means baby has hair - I have excruciating heartburn constantly and the ultrasound showed hair! Morning sickness = girl, true.
2. Speaking of heartburn I didn't know that I would spend 9 months throwing up stomach acid into my own mouth. I know it's not pretty, but it's real life people.
3. I didn't know that I would be so sick through the first 16 weeks that I would actually lose weight and have to gain it all back, not that that would be a problem, see below.
4. I didn't know that I would spend my life eating whatever I wanted and never gain a pound, but as soon as the morning sickness subsided I would gain much more weight than I had thought possible. I REALLY didn't know that I wouldn't even care that much.
5. I didn't know that I would get stretch marks. I really thought I was above that. Turns out not only did I get them, but on a place I didn't even consider and never once lotioned up. Dang it.
6. I didn't know that in the last 4 months or so Matt and I would spend our evenings watching my stomach bounce around and playing "Guess that appendage" when things would poke out of my belly.
7. I didn't know that there was really no option other than waddling for walking your last month or so. I used to think "Just walk normal!" but that is really hard when there is a baby head pushing against your pelvis and bladder.
8. I didn't know that it would be this hard to be pregnant. I know it's not for everyone, but I have had kind of a rough time and I don't really enjoy it! Sometimes I feel guilty but then I realize that I got pregnant for the BABY, not for the pregnancy and I feel better.
9. I didn't know that before she was even born she would have more clothes, toys, and stuff than I do.
10. I didn't know that I could love something so much that isn't even here yet. I didn't know that I would be perfectly content to sit and feel her move around for hours and never notice the time passing. I didn't know that it was possible to make myself cry just by imagining what she will look like or who she will take after.
11. I didn't know that having a baby with my husband would make me love him even more and I surely didn't know it was possible to love him even more than I already did.
12. I didn't know that Matt would immediately embrace parenthood and be the greatest dad ever. Sometimes I find him just standing in P's room looking around and a day never goes by when he doesn't tell me how excited he is or that he wishes she were here so that he could kiss her forehead and every inch of her little body.
13. I didn't know that Paiton would have the hiccups about 3 times a day and that it would crack me up every time.
14. Lastly, I didn't know that being pregnant made you lose your mind, find your heart and soul, cry a million tears (sometimes without knowing why), be more excited than you ever thought possible, count down days, feel like 9 months is really 9 years, and turn you into a completely different person, a MOM!!!!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I love this. I absolutely love this. And it makes me want to have a baby even more than I already do, even given all the unenjoyable parts. Which is pretty crazy and ridiculous because, really, I am only 19... and it doesn't make too much sense for a 19 year old to be wanting a baby. Haha.
I love you.
I love Matt.
I love Baby P.
I can't wait to meet her:)
That's so sweet ask...I love it! =) I can't wait to meet littly baby P!
oops...i meant to say "Ash" not ask =)
Post a Comment