We had a pretty fun weekend the last few days!
Last week after Paiton's birthday was full of more of the same - work, watching movies, cleaning house! :)
On Friday we had our good friends come over for dinner. I made my delicious tortilla soup and Kendrick, Liz, Auni, and Shelby came over. Kendrick and Matt watched the girls while Liz and I worked on a REALLY cool craft she is helping me with. I can't wait to post pictures on here when I get it done!! We always have lots of fun with them and time flies when we are together!
Paiton has such big girl hair now, I french braided it for the first time that day! So cute!
Silly girl making faces at daddy during dinner:
The other morning I was getting dressed and walked into the room to find this:
Paiton and Kotah snuggling together on her bed. What you can't see is that in one of her hands she had her hair brush and she was so nicely brushing Kotah's hair!! :) Such a sweetie!
One night Paiton dragged her Toy Story bean bag chair over behind the coffee table. I couldn't figure out why she was doing that until she laid down in it and used the table as a foot rest. Apparently she needed somewhere to put her little feet!
Saturday we spent the day lounging around. We did go to Target and Costco in the morning where we managed to get Christmas shopping done for a few people at least! That was good! Then we spent the rest of the day bundled up in the house with the fire on! Paiton looked especially cute that day:
Saturday night Brandon came over to hang out with Matt and watch a UFC fight, and so did Kendrick. So Paiton and I got into our jammies and headed over to the Lester's to work on crafts some more! Again the time flew and before we knew it, it was 11 pm so we headed home!
Here is a picture of my almost 16 week belly:
Sunday we woke up to more snow falling, but not really sticking too much. Paiton really wanted to go out and play so we bundled her up in her snowsuit and sent her out!
Trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue:
You can't tell but it really was snowing!
This picture has a funny story behind it:
Paiton refused to wear her gloves, so I warned her her hands were going to freeze! They started getting cold and she didn't like it, but wouldn't put her gloves on. Then she wanted to go down her slide but I didn't realize it was covered in a layer of ice, so as she went down she hit the ice and went flying off the bottom and across the yard! I was cracking up! Paiton, however, didn't think it was quite so funny and her already cold hands were then wet and snowy!!
After all the snow playing (and getting into and out of her snowsuit twice) she asked us to turn on the fire for her and make her some popcorn! Sounded like a good, warm plan!
Sunday night Kendrick, Liz, and the girls came over again for an early Thanksgiving feast. They love our ribs (as do we) so Matt and I slow cooked some all day and Sunday night we ate them! They were delicious, as always, and we had fun with our friends for the third day in a row!! We were joking that it would be weird when we don't see them every day! :)
Auni, Shelby, and Paiton watching a movie while the boys watched football:
Matt was super jealous of my nice, warm, fuzzy socks I had been wearing all day. So he raided my sock drawer and came out with these beauties on:
Yup, that's my husband with hot pink fuzzy socks on! I warned him this was going to be posted! :) But I can't really blame him, I love socks like these!!!
Everything else is going about the same! I have felt the baby move a couple times, but mostly I just feel pressure from him/her pressing right onto my bladder where he/she likes to hang out!
I have to brag about Paiton for a minute. She has slept with us since the moment she was born. When we moved we set up her toddler bed in our room so she could get used to the bed and the new house at the same time. She has done SO good sleeping in it (despite multiple night terrors every single night that keep me up!). Sleep has been a huge issue with Paiton since the day she was born and got kicked out of the hospital nursery!! It is usually a couple hours-long procedure to get her to sleep for naps and at night. Well lately for naps I have been tucking her into her toddler bed, patting her back for a couple minutes, then getting up to "check the laundry" or "wash the dishes", etc., and I leave her there to fall asleep on her own, and she has been!! Woohoo Paiton! We are so proud of you!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment