Tabs

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Paiton's 2nd Birthday!


I can't believe that my newborn is 2 years old!! I remember her being born like it was yesterday!! She has been such an amazing addition to our family, I can't even explain it! She is the sweetest and smartest girl I have ever met and I would think that even if she weren't mine! :)
Here are all the pictures! (And no, I didn't even have time to edit my own kids birthday pictures! :) )
We started the birthday girls second birthday by opening a present!
Matt and I gave her a talking Backpack from Dora.
She loved the video camera that came in it and she would take pictures by holding it up saying "Click!" SO cute!
In all of these where her mouth is open she was singing the Backpack song!
For breakfast Paiton wanted "Ema Cake". Ema cake means cinnamon rolls, when we were in California this summer visiting Matt's grandma she made cinnamon rolls and Paiton thought it was cake, so from then on cinnamon rolls have been Ema Cake! :)
Helping me make breakfast:
I remember my mom always putting a candle in our breakfast on our birthdays, and I have been doing it on Paiton's birthdays as well!
The first Happy Birthday song of the day. (There would be about 12 to follow as she continued to make us sing to her throughout the day!)
Blew out the candle!
Birthday girl picked out her own outfit for the day! :)
After we got ready we headed to Bounce in Meridian to play! It was a lot of fun! Lots of people met us there to play with Paiton - Uncle B, Cadon, Ryan, Grandma Kathy, Grandpa Chris, Nana, Papa, Titi, Abba, Kaitlyn, Aunt Stacie, Kylie, Amy, Dane, Alyson, Kim, and Cohen!! This girl is LOVED! :)
I took the little camera to Bounce, and it took such bad pictures there aren't that many worth even posting! Sorry for the poor quality!
Being silly!
Happy birthday most beautiful girl!
Playing with Uncle B!
Me and my Cadon Boo!!
Officer Ryan!
Cadon going down the big slide
Paiton still loved the Cozy Coupes!
Me and Kylie
Daddy giving Paiton a wild ride!
Ryan and Cohen holding hands and jumping. It was so cute!
Paiton and Titi jumping
Cameron jumping on the velcro sticky wall
Papa holding Paiton up so she could watch Titi
Kylie and Paiton
Paiton giving Ryan a push
After Bounce we headed to pick up Paiton's cake from the lady who always does our cakes and is the BEST! :) Then we went home and Paiton took a nap while I got stuff set up for the party!
The cake before I put the figures on it. You can't tell but the center of the flowers all sparkled :)
Birthday dress!
Paiton and Ryan hugging
Then it was time to open presents! Thanks to my BFF Kim for taking pictures of that!!
Paiton had lots of help opening presents from Cadon and Dane!
Handsome boy :)
Cake with the figures
Even birthday girls have important calls to make!
You don't just get to come to Titi's house for a party, you have to clean while you're here! ;)
Paiton wanted to watch Bolt, one of the movies she got, so we put it in and the kids were entertained!
Paiton got a Dora belt from Aunt Stacie and some Dora shoes from Aunt Janet and Grandma and she insisted I put them on her with her dress!
Silly girl!
I think she had a great day. She loved the attention and everyone singing to her. She got SO many great presents and got to be with all the people who love her the most! It was a blast! The day after her birthday we spent the day napping and recovering! None of us even got dressed! :)
Paiton also insisted on wearing her belt over her pajamas:
Her little set up to watch her movies:
(She also got this awesome little chair, but I can't show too many pictures of it b/c I'm making it for some special kids for Christmas!)
Being goofy for Mommy
The day after her birthday she was kind of confused as to why she didn't get more presents. And she still wanted us to sing Happy Birthday to her, which of course we did anyway :)
I got this cute video of her singing happy birthday to herself.



On Monday Paiton went in for her 2 year check up. She is up into the 10% for height and weight, which is good because the last few months she had been down into the less than 3%. For anyone who doesn't know, this means that she is 10% bigger than other kids her age, and that 90% are bigger than she is. 50% would be average. She is a tiny little thing! :) While there the doctor commented on her communication and ability to talk and said that she is way above average in intelligence. Then she talked to Paiton about learning to count and Paiton showed her that she can count to 14. When she was done she said "I can count to 5 in Spanish." The doctor just looked at me and I said "Well actually I don't think she can!" And then Paiton proceeded to count to 5 in Spanish!! Wow!! I had never heard her do that before! Crazy girl! Dr. Zieba said that Paiton is so far advanced that it could actually be trouble because things that other toddlers don't know or care about Paiton is going to be able to do and figure out, which means we have to keep a super close eye on her. Luckily she isn't too brave, so we have that going for us! :) We are so proud of this girl!!
We have been talking to Paiton about her baby brother or sister and we ask her what she wants the baby to be. One time she told me "I want a red baby! Or a purple baby!" Haha! The other day Spencer asked her if she wanted a brother or a sister, and from then on she has been telling us "I was a baby brudder!" It is SO cute to hear her say, and although I try to push her into wanting a sister ;), she sticks with a brudder!! Whatever we get we will be happy and Paiton will be an amazing big sister!!
Other than that life is just the same for us. We are finally settled in the new house and it feels like home. Paiton still refers to it as the "pretty house". Paiton is doing ok sleeping in her toddler bed in our room. She is still having night terrors all night every night, which I talked to the doctor about. It is something we'll just have to wait for her to outgrow and hope it happens soon! We're all pretty exhausted from the constant screaming and crying! She wakes herself up from them about 2-3 times a night, so I can't put her in her own room yet because she would be even more scared to wake up alone! Poor baby :(
Matt is still teaching and coaching girls basketball, which ends next week and he is VERY happy about that! I am still trying to balance working from home while taking care of Paiton at the same time! It's a lot and some days it gets really hard on me. I am so lucky I have my grandma and grandpa willing to watch Paiton. It's hard that for a one hour meeting it's about 3 hours worth of driving Paiton to their house, driving to the meeting, driving back to get her, and driving home. It's exhausting and a lot of time for one meeting! I am also now having to take an online class and pass tests in order to continue doing the job I already do! It's frustrating, but with all the Medicaid changes, even though we all have college degrees we have to do all this extra training and tests just to be able to keep our jobs next year. Like I have time for that piled on everything else!! So that has been life for us right now, busy busy!!

No comments: