Tabs

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Two Thanksgivings and A Lot of Leftovers!

We had a fun Thanksgiving! We had my parents, Spencer, Cameron, Grandma, and Grandpa over for dinner. We had all the essentials - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, Martinellis, and dessert!
The night before Thanksgiving Paiton was giving her Jessi (from Toy Story) doll a ride on Bullseye, her rocking horse.

On Thanksgiving day I got up and got our turkey all ready and put in the oven. It was a 23 pound turkey, so it took awhile to cook!
I didn't get a picture after but it looked beautiful and tasted delicious!!! I was so happy my first turkey turned out well!
Paiton wore her new birthday outfit from Aunt Lori, which included super cute "jeggings" and boots!!
Paiton wanted me to take a picture of the flowers on the backs of her boots
Eating some pre-dinner olives with Daddy!
Paiton grabbed some potatoes out of the bag and that's what she played with all day! She thought they were so fun for some reason!
They even went in the ball pit with her!
Now she likes having me take her picture and will ask me to. She will even strike a pose!
Giving Titi Cami loves
Family picture where Paiton isn't screaming!!
My crazy sister attacking the baby in my belly
My Seester!!
The GIANT pot of potatoes I made
Mmmm turkey!
Every year we do a craft. This year we did glass blocks - left is Grandma's, then mine, then Mom's:
Mine
Friday morning after I got up I headed to JoAnn's to get a bunch of fabric I needed for Christmas presents. I got there about 9:30, grabbed a cart full of fabric and waited my turn to get it cut. In an hour they had only gone through 15 people, and there were 85 until my number. Come to find out the estimated wait was 6-7 HOURS!! I was texting my sister in law Stacie, who was at the Boise JoAnn's having the same problem. We both ended up {begrudgingly} ditching our cartfuls of fabric to go home. We both went back later that night and got some though!
Friday afternoon everyone headed back over to our house to eat some leftovers and play games!
Paiton in the new seat she discovered:
Saturday we headed to Matt's parents for our third day of turkey and our second Thanksgiving.
Paiton was SO excited to see her cousin Kylie and insisted on bringing Monsters Inc, telling me "Kylie wants to see this." :)
Crazy girl loves the baby swing and always swings in it!
(Sorry for the super blurry pictures to come, I'm going to have to get a new camera, it is awful how many pictures DON'T turn out b/c this one is so bad!)
This was SO cute, Paiton and Kylie were so excited to play that they held hands and ran into the toy room together!
They discovered they could climb onto the bed in there and jump! Paiton would sing the "Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" song and they would jump. Kylie thought Paiton was hilarious!
Then it was time for a hug!
They kept jabbering to each other and not wanting us to watch them. Stacie and I decided they must be plotting against us and deciding how to be naughty!
Paiton was really interested in watching out the window to see the snow falling

Grandpa got worn out playing with the girls
Then we stripped the kids down and it was time to eat!
The girls watching Monsters Inc while we played some games:
Stacie and I are about 7 weeks apart, she is due March 19, and I am due May 11. Here are the cousins at {Me} 16 1/2 weeks, and {Stacie} 24 weeks. They already know they're having a boy, and we are super anxious to find out what we're having!!
(Again, sorry for the AWFUL pictures!! :( )

No comments: