So we'll start somewhere easy, the new house!!
We got the keys to the house last week and spent Thurs - Sat moving. Can I just say I.Hate.Moving!!!! It is awful. I hate packing just to unpack. I hate wrapping things to move 3 miles. LUCKILY my super amazing dad helped us out a TON!! He brought his big furniture truck from work over and spent all day Friday and Saturday loading it and unloading it. Matt, Dad, and I worked so hard those days. Not even counting the week I spent packing while Matt was at work and the packing and moving Matt and I did on Thursday! It was a VERY tiring weekend! Paiton was awesome through it all. She was definitely patient with us as we sat her in front of movie after movie to keep her out of the way of packing and moving so she wouldn't get hurt. She didn't have a nap for 4 days and was still her cheerful self. Such an awesome kid.
Here are some pictures I took before we had moved anything in.
This is the fireplace in our living room. The TV will be mounted above it.
This is the living room looking in from the front door, on the left is the fireplace.
The kitchen. Through the doorway is the laundry room, and through that second door is the garage. We are SOOOO excited because this house has a....PANTRY!!! Our other house had NO storage for anything! We had to buy a cabinet at Target to keep our food in! A pantry is heaven to us! Also, the attached garage!! No more walking through the snow and rain with a baby (or 2 babies!!) to get in the house!
Another favorite, the ice and water dispenser in the fridge!!! Woohoo! With as much water as we go through this will be awesome to have!
This pretty molding is throughout the kitchen
The back patio is big and I don't know if you can tell, but there is a fan and lights up on the cover! The back yard is amazing to have and Paiton LOVES it, as do the dogs. Our other house had a super tiny backyard that didn't even have grass, just mud and sticks! This is huge for us!
The master bathroom has a big soaker tub that sits under a huge window. I have already soaked in it 2 of the 3 nights we've been here! Also it has cool glass bowl sinks! The bathroom has a big walk in closet that we can't even begin to fill with our clothes and shoes! It is really nice to have the room!
The dining room
In front of the house the day we got the keys!
The outside of the house
We love it so far! It is great having so much open space and the floor plan is so much better and family friendly than our old house. The neighborhood is amazing and there are tons of kids around. It's a safe neighborhood, which is such a new and good feeling. We couldn't be happier. Paiton is doing well with the move. She calls the new house the "pretty house" and she loves being here and being able to play outside. For now her bed is in our room. We have been here 3 nights and she is still waking up scared and wanting to know where she is. We will let her sleep in our room for awhile until she gets used to the house and it's not such a shock anymore. She has been a trooper and we are so glad she loves the house as much as we do!!





No comments:
Post a Comment