The other day Paiton received a fun surprise in the mail! We heard a knock at the door, and when we answered it there was a package addressed to Paiton!
She was very excited to open it! (And my kid likes to be topless!)
Thanks Riki, Joe, and Caydence!! You made a little girl VERY happy! She squealed with delight when she thought it was just Kit Kats and Yorks (which happen to be her two FAVORITE candies, so good choice!), and then she was very excited when she saw more presents underneath!
Digging in to the Kit Kats!
Thanks so much guys!! What a fun surprise! A thank you painting is in the works! ;)
This weekend was my sister-in-law's baby shower. She is due with a boy on March 19, our third nephew! I decided to make the baby a quilt.
This is before it was done - the back wasn't sewn on or anything.
Close up of the notebook paper lines. The lines I sewed on with my machine, the paper "holes" and words are hand embroidered.
Paiton has been busy hiding in cupboards:
And being cute as always. She sure has an ornery streak in her, but we still love her ;)
She can now sing the Wonder Pets song from start to finish, which is pretty stinkin' cute! Last night we were counting with her and she decided to surprise her Daddy and I by counting to six in Spanish instead of English like we had been! Silly girl! Although her little voice counting in Spanish is definitely one of the cutest things I've seen in my life! :)
Yesterday was my parent's 29th wedding anniversary! Woohoo!! Happy Anniversary! I made dinner for everyone last night and it was delicious!
Paiton helped me and we wore our aprons together. When we put them on she told me "We are looking fabulous!" Here's our fabulous (and not tired from cleaning all day at all) picture!
Paiton's hair is getting SO long! You can really only see how long it is in the bath when it's wet and straight, but her little ringlets are just too cute!
She insisted I take her picture by the door (her favorite spot) but then refused to take out her binky or smile. So here's what a 2 year olds mugshot looks like:
I can't believe it but next week is #1 - March, and #2 - the start of....DANCE CLASS!!! I don't know who's more excited, me or Paiton! (Ok I do know, but I'm not telling.)
We have a dress code we have to follow that includes black or pink tights, black or pink leotard, black or pink skirt, and ballet slippers. I figured I better start collecting these things, so today since Matt had the day off we went to the mall and started looking. We found a pink skirt and black tights, but no shoes or leotard small enough!
Paiton obviously insisted on wearing the skirt as soon as we got home! It was very cute, I told her it was for dance class and she needed to be careful with it, so she would spin around and say "I'm like a dancing girl!" :)
Already quite the prima ballerina:
Playing play doh with Daddy on his day off:
In case you couldn't tell, this is her showing her muscles:
I think I mentioned this before, but I am now in the third trimester. I got welcomed in by that disgusting flu we had last week and definitely did not take pictures to document that. Brandon got it a couple days after we had it, and since then the family has been barf free...let's hope it stays that way!!
So here is my late 28 week picture. I'm actually 28 weeks, 6 days in this one:
I have a check up on Wednesday and it is NOT one I'm looking forward to! I have to drink the gross orange drink for the glucose test on my way in and then have my blood drawn to check for diabetes. Then I have to have my first (of this pregnancy, I have had many in the past) Rhogam shot. Boo! They HURT but are necessary because of my blood type possibly harming the baby once he's born. They are blood products and each time I get a shot I get a card with a number that I have to save in case something is wrong with the blood. I have a stack of them in our fire safe from my miscarriage and my pregnancy with Paiton. From now on I will have to have them periodically throughout the rest of pregnancy and the last one after I give birth! So exciting! :\





5 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad she liked her goodie box, we love that she collects stuffed alligators. The other stuff was just for fun, and candy is much more delicious than packing bubbles ;)
Haha very true! And she does love the alligator and she loves that it's legs are magnetic. It's playing in her ball pit as we speak!
Funny! I dont think the Rhogam shot hurts at all...they always prepare me for it but I am like just do it! I guess, compared to natural labor it's nothing! ;) LOL Cute tutu... you can find ballet slippers at Nordstrom and I think even Payless carries them... and nord's has the tights, leotards, etc. My niece is itty bitty too and got them from there...!
Kristal - I think the shots hurt for shots! I definitely don't think they're near child birth or anything!! They burn going in and my butt always hurts for a couple days after!! We don't have Nordstrom's here! :( And I checked Payless but they don't carry them small enough!! Thanks for the ideas...wonder if I can order online from Nord's??
Try calling the dance studio, they can usually recommend a place to purchase dance clothing. I would also tell them the problem and they may work with you.
Post a Comment