I keep forgetting to post that on March 4 Paiton will be starting a dance class!! I am beyond excited for that! It is a toddler ballet class and I think {hope} she will love it. We have to get her tights, a leotard, a tutu, and ballet shoes! I signed her up a couple months ago, and ever since she saw Despicable Me she has wanted to go to dance class, so I'm glad I did! She often gets in her Cozy Coupe and tells me "I'm going to dance class!" She will either love it or hate it, I'm hoping that she loves it!
She is so funny and so so sooooo smart, she amazes us every day. She likes to play "school" and will tell Matt and I, "I have to go to pre-school" or "I have to go to college." She also likes to carry around paper and a pen and say "I have to do my paperwork." We have been working on recognizing words and right now she can recognize, or read, the words apple, bed, door, and ear. She also learned (from somewhere, not me) the entire Twinkle Twinkle Little Star song, and she can sing almost all of the ABC some clear through the end. I have been trying like crazy to get a video of her singing, but she is very shy about it and won't do it on command. Hopefully one day I can sneak a video when she doesn't know!
Another new favorite saying of hers is "I'm going to America!" We aren't sure where she learned that one, but she goes to America quite often!
Another new favorite saying of hers is "I'm going to America!" We aren't sure where she learned that one, but she goes to America quite often!
Her night terrors are getting worse and worse. So far for last night and this morning we are up to 8 total. They are also getting more violent, she will hit and kick in her sleep while she's screaming and crying. Paiton and I have been spending some nights in the spare bed just so Matt can at least sleep. Last night I ended up having to take her in our bed because my back was hurting so bad from being in the twin spare bed, so no one got any sleep! She has an appointment with a pulmonary doctor on March 1, but I am going to call and see if they have any cancellations/openings. My eyes are constantly burning from lack of sleep and I know Paiton is feeling it too even though she isn't technically awake! Poor baby, it's really heartbreaking, so cross your fingers she can get in sooner.
On to pictures!
Every single morning Paiton digs in my closet and finds which pair of high heels she wants to wear that day. She definitely inherited her mom's (and let's be honest, her dad's) love of shoes. It is so funny because she'll tell me "I need in your closet." so I'll let her in and she'll try on a few pairs, then come out with that days choice on and wear them all morning. I think she walks better in my 4" stilettos than I do! ;)
I always try to snag a picture, and she's usually on the run, so these aren't the greatest, but still pretty cute!!

Modeling the headband that Nana made her:
She LOVES waffles!!
This is how I found Paiton the other day during her nap:
We used to have huge issues with her taking naps, as I'm sure everyone recalls since this is the baby who hates sleep! She has been doing SO good the last few months, ever since we moved. Either I will tell her it's naptime, or she will tell me she's tired, and she will go climb in her bed. I will tuck her in and kiss her and leave!! That could never happen before, I had to rock her for hours to get her to sleep. Now she will lay there and snuggle her gator or Papa Bear and look at books until she falls asleep!! Woohooo!!! Most days she won't sleep longer than an hour (due to a dumb dog that lives at our house and won't stop barking), but she is doing so good, I'm so proud of her!
I am SO behind on work the last 2 weeks I can't even begin to tell you. I had planned on trying to get caught up yesterday morning BUT....I was invited to a tea party instead! With being up all night every night and then having to deal with the house, a tired baby, and the dumb dogs, all day every day while also trying to work, I just haven't had time to get what I need to done. So yes, I am way behind, but there was no way I was going to turn down my invitation to a tea party for work! No way!!
(I think it was hard for her to tell which teacups already had water in them, so the little genius started sticking her finger in so see which ones did!)
In this picture she was telling me that the teapot (or peacock as she calls it) has blue flowers and it's "So beautiful."





2 comments:
I love the pictures. P is such a cutie, I especially love the crazy hair for her tea party ;)
Haha, thanks! Yes, her hair is crazy 99% of the time. It's so curly that no matter what I do to it it just goes insane! Although the tea party had to happen the second she crawled out of bed so that explains that particular day!
Post a Comment