Tabs

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snow Day 2012!!

We {{finally}} had our very first snow day of this winter! Paiton has been desperately waiting for snow to play in. She's been wanting to make Snow Angels and she likes to practice on the carpet! One morning we woke up to a couple of inches and it didn't show any signs of slowing down! 
After Quinn's morning nap we got all bundled up and headed out to the snow!
{It takes a LONG time to get two kids and yourself ready for the snow alone!}

 Quinn was ready for his first trip in the snow! I got him all bundled up and then he couldn't move! He was stuck like a star fish!



 Patiently waiting while Mom takes pictures.
 I set Quinn in the snow and then hurried back to take pictures before he tipped over! He was so bundled up that he couldn't really sit! 
{Paiton's birthday flamingos are still up - she won't let us take them down!}
 Quinn was overall unimpressed with the snow. He couldn't feel it since he was so bundled up and he couldn't really sit very well, so he was done after a couple minutes.
 "Really? This is what all the fuss was about?"  {{I feel the same way Quinny}}



 Crash! We lost him!

 Paiton would make a snowball, then throw it and yell "Snowball!"


 She finally, finally got to make a Snow Angel. As far as she's concerned, her life is complete. 

 Hiding as the snow flew into her eyes.
 After we were done we had to come in and make homemade hot chocolate - complete with peppermint marshmallows!
 We got some warm, clean jammies on and had our snack!
 I think every year I post a picture of Keilah enjoying the snow. This year was no different. She goes crazy in the snow and attacks it! 
 View out our front door.
 While Quinn took his second nap we decided the snow day wouldn't be complete without chocolate chip cookies! I have a recipe that claimed to be the best cookies ever, so we whipped a batch up! They were definitely pretty good, contenders for best cookie for sure!

 Tickling Kotah while the cookies baked.
 No day is complete without brother/sister wrestle time!






No comments: