This is Paiton's first, official, Spring Break! No school and no dance! LOTS of time with Mom and Quinn! While we were discussing what Spring Break is I mentioned that it's a break from school to do fun things. So, naturally, Paiton wanted to know what fun thing we were going to do each day. Hmm...fun things to do with 2 babies, 1 mommy, and bad weather....
So....here it is! The start of our Spring Break - 2012!
Ok this picture has nothing to do with Spring Break, but it's funny. Sunday it finally hit like 60 degrees here, and you'll see that when it hits 60, Idaho kids dress for summer!
Ok - Monday!
Paiton had been begging (seriously, begging) to go see Ema and Grandpa for a few days. I wish she didn't have to beg - I mean they live like 4 seconds away! But we are always so busy that I have to plan ahead. Monday was our day! We headed over to Ema and Grandpa's house for lunch, coloring, and game playing. We had fun like we always do! It's SO nice having them so close, we love our time with them!!
{When Paiton was a new baby and I had really bad Post Partum Depression, I would drive from Nampa to Meridian to hang out at their house almost every day. Paiton developed such a great bond with them and they are amazing to us. I'm so thankful that they are here and so close to us. They are amazing people and I'm so glad my kids get to know them so well and love them so much!!}
Sweet Grandpa reading stories to Paiton
Quinn jumping!
Tuesday!!
Tuesday I woke up with easily the worst headache of my life. It was pounding in my eyes, my ears, and down my neck. I was so nauseas I could barely function. My sweet husband cleaned the kitchen, brought me Tylenol (can't take anything else because of nursing...grr...) and rubbed it out of my neck!
I started to feel a bit better (as in able to care for my kids without wanting to fall over dead and claw my eyes out, but not "good" by any means) so Matt went to work. Paiton reminded me throughout the morning that I had promised her a trip to the library. So we packed up and headed out! Paiton LOVED the library (poor kid, we got cards like 3 months ago and haven't been back) - as I knew she would. She's a bookworm like her mom and dad. She picked out some books and a movie and had a hayday exploring! I didn't take any pictures - oops. I was wearing Quinn in the Ergo and trying to carry Paiton's books while she ran from exciting place to exciting place!
After nap time that day it was time to grocery shop. Ugh.
My poor kids.
This is how we roll:
(Yes, that's Paiton under there. Yes, she hates going grocery shopping for this reason. BUT I refuse to be that annoying parent that lets their toddler walk through the store and get under everyone's feet and be in the way. AND I don't wear Quinn while shopping usually because it makes everything take longer and is hard on my already bad back to bend down and get stuff while wearing him! So, my poor child gets buried!)
Wednesday!!
That's today and I haven't posted pictures yet, but I will share with you what we did!
I powered through naptime making 17 work phone calls so that I could have the afternoon to enjoy with the kids. I took them to U-Swirl and we got frozen yogurt - delicious! Then we headed to Ceramica for their Wednesday special - preschoolers paint free! Ok, so this enticed me in, and I didn't realize it would still cost a small fortune for us to paint together. It was WAY too expensive for my liking considering I had to wear Quinn in the Ergo, it was nap time, he was not comfy, Paiton needed help painting, I had my own thing to attempt to paint with 0 hands, and it was PACKED b/c of Spring Break! We still had a lot of fun, but next time I think it will have to be without Quinn or with an extra set of hands. There aren't many things that I can't do with a baby or two in my arms, but turns out painting is one of them. ;)
I will update with those pictures and what the last two days of Spring Break holds for us (because....uhh...I gotta figure it out first....)










No comments:
Post a Comment