Tabs

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

As I sloooowly work on Quinn's first birthday pictures amongst a bunch of other shoots, I figured I post some recent pictures from my phone so ya'll didn't think I died! :)

Paiton modeling her nightgown that Nannie made her.
 Abba and Quinn at Ryan's birthday party.
 Paiton one morning before school (with Unicornio)
 The GIANT bear that Quinn got for his birthday is quite snuggly and we we have been spending our evenings! (ok, and mornings!) 
 The kids playing in Paiton's room the other day as I boxed up boxes and boxes of Paiton's old clothes!
 I shipped Cami off to prom!! :( *tear!* My baby sister is old enough to go to prom!? How can that be? My parents are out of town so I've been keeping my siblings alive and had the duty of helping Cameron get ready, do make up, calm nerves, etc., and I also got to give Patrick the Prom Night "talk" and put some fear into him. Hehe. (I also got to play personal photographer and those pictures will be posted sometime. Hopefully before next prom.)
 Titi and Quinny
 Silly boy.
 Paiton sat this way in the car and said "Look, I'm sitting like Papa!"
 Quinn lounging on the bear enjoying his coconut milk.
 Quinn, Paiton, and Titi watching TV on the bear
 Quinn had his one year well baby check up on Monday. (that info is in with his birthday post!) He got 3 shots and hasn't been feeling great! Teething all 4 molars and possibly eye teeth as well is not helping the situation! The next morning he just laid in my bed and was lazy and pitiful!

 Paiton looking especially cute after school one day.
 Paiton talked me into getting the car cart at Fred Meyer one day. That thing is a beast to push and now I know why I always told her no before. We're back to no.
 Modeling before dance class Tuesday night.
 This week Paiton lucked out and has TWO field trips! (Because last week their field trip got rained out!) Today was field trip #1 - the MK Nature Center. It's fun to go walk around there and the kids loved it! I have more "real" pictures to post from that too! (My list of pictures to post is getting longer...)
 Today it reached 80* outside, maybe even higher!? So I set up the kids pool and they swam and swam!! They both are little fish and love the water!
Paiton modeling one of many new swimsuits for the year!



 It was so bright I couldn't see the phone screen, so I didn't know my giant foot was in the picture, but it's cute of Quinn!
 Quinn and his "surf hair" as we call it! 

Wouldn't be complete without a few funny Paiton stories: 
~ The other day at Target Paiton picked up and carried around one of those microphones that make your voice echo. When we got to an aisle full of people she stopped in the middle of the aisle, struck a pose, and yelled into the microphone "I WANNA ROCK!" Then looked around for anyone else who might also "want to rock". She got some laughs for sure, but no fellow rockers so she ditched the mike. 
~ Right now her favorite singer is Adele. It's SO adorable. She knows all the words to most of the songs and requests specific ones at specific times. That's pretty much all we're allowed to listen to right now. Her very favorite Adele song is Rumor Has It. The other day Matt was putting her in the car and she said "Her Rumor!" "Hey Has It!" And was talking to her hands. Matt was like "What?" and she said "Oh, that's my hands names. Rumor, and Has It." We have been cracking up about that one ever since! 
~ Today while swimming in the pool Paiton kept talking to the cartoon fish on the bottom of the pool. She had names for each one and kept calling them by their names for a good hour or so. Finally I grabbed a pen and wrote down their names (some I had to clarify with her) because they were so hilarious! They were: Russell, Marco, Boo Boo, Brezendo, Benzo, Ga Ga, and Starfish. I asked her where she came up with those and she said "They are just their names, I don't know!" SO funny!! Brezendo!?
She is loving school and I can't believe it's going to be out in a couple weeks for the summer! Then it starts back up again in early August this year, crazy. She has her Spring Recital for ballet on May 19, which she's super excited about. She plans to spend her summer going to the water park and playing in the backyard. 

And I don't think I ever updated about Quinn's appointment last week. The physical therapist/occupational therapist and developmental specialist came out to evaluate Quinn and see what services he needed/qualified for. They asked a ton of questions, played with him, had him do things, etc. I was told it would be fun for him and he enjoyed the majority of it. Here is what they decided: that he has very low muscle tone in most of his body. She pointed out to me that when you pick him up he feels very limp and his shoulders come way up when you lift him there. His fine motor skills and his speech are right where they should be. His gross motor skills are the same as a 7 month old. So he will be receiving physical therapy once a week. They taught me some exercises to do with him. Basically his muscles are so small and weak that there are certain things he can't do yet - pull up, stand, crawl, etc. So the first step is to do exercises with him all throughout the day. Because his muscle tone is so low he gets tired really easily, therefore I have to do the exercises throughout the day so he doesn't get too tired. So it was sad to hear, but she has no concerns about him. He needs to build that muscle, but it's just a matter of "when" and not "if" for crawling and walking according to the physical therapist. Each week he will have an hour of physical therapy and then she will give me about 4 exercises to do with him throughout the week. The next week she'll assess where he's at and what exercises to do that time. She also had to assign him goals, which are - to crawl by 18 months, and to walk by 22 months. I was NOT expecting it would take that long! She said that most babies with that bad of low muscle tone are really skinny, but since Quinn is a chubby baby it will take him longer because he has more weight to move! Whew, ok, there's the update on that! We are hopeful that things will move quicker than she expects. We have already seen progress in the last week - probably  more progress that we've seen in months. First he started doing a sort of army type crawl. I keep trying to get it on video but then he stops!! He is FINALLY starting to use his legs to push forward a bit. AND then today he actually got his legs under him into a low crawl type position. Not a real crawl position b/c his arms weren't extended and his belly was still on the ground, but his knees were bent under him and that's huge for him! So clearly the exercises are helping! It's a darn good thing I work from home so I can add these exercises to our already insanely busy schedule!!!! 
He also plans to spend his summer at the water park and playing the backyard. He now signs the word "please" (which is odd b/c I stopped signing to him weeks and weeks ago b/c I'm lazy, and then he busted that out a few days ago!) His favorite words are mama, dada, uh oh, and nana (banana). Today it was SO cute, he rolled into the kitchen, pointed to the bananas on the counter and said "nana!" then signed "please". My  heart seriously melted and I had to smother him in kisses for a solid 5 minutes before I could get him his banana!  

Update on Matt: 
He is still working at the Idaho Tennis Association. He still plays tennis all the time (probably not as much as he wishes he did though). He loves it and I love that he gets to play so much without having to pay as much. Tennis is a RIDICULOUSLY expensive sport. He gets great deals on racquets and things like that so he's all set now with sweet racquets and bags, etc. In his free time he likes to...play tennis. :) He is loving the kids and the age they're both at. He's a good daddy.  

Update on Ashley: 
Locke Photography has kind of blown up over the last few weeks. I've had multiple shoots a week, so much so that it's getting hard to juggle that and my full time job! I'm so happy it's getting busy, though finding child care and time to edit proves to be a challenge! Our days are insane with school, naps, full time work at my "real" job, part time work with photography, marketing photography, having Scentsy parties, etc. My kids are amazing and such troopers to put up with being dragged to the office, to meetings, etc. They rock and I try to do special things to show them I appreciate them. Luckily they are easily won over with Happy Meals and trips to the swingset. :) 
I am still losing my job, just not sure when. It's a very uneasy feeling to not know when I will no longer be making 50% of our income, SO if you hear of a job working from home, let me know!

No comments: