Tabs

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day was super fun! =) 
Last Thursday Matt took the kids and I out to a "Mother's Day" dinner to Texas Roadhouse. It was the only night we had time to do something so we went early! It was such a sweet thought, and I love Texas Roadhouse, but the kids were NOT in great moods and it was not in our favor. Our kids are super well behaved (and know that they had better be) but it was close to bedtime, both were tired, etc., and I ended up eating with Quinn on my lap grabbing everything and making messes the whole time, and Paiton whined and didn't want to eat. I think for Mother's Day dinner next year, I'd like it to be with just my husband! ;)  
On actual Mother's Day we had a much better day! Matt went to get us coffees and came back and had donuts too! Paiton was happy! We discovered that Quinn loves chocolate milk! That morning we just hung out and played until after Quinn's morning nap. Then we had a few errands to run and headed over to Matt's parents house. (My parents were driving back from their vacation that day so we hadn't planned on them being back in time to do anything for Mother's Day. It's on hold on the Lurcook side!) 
Paiton just being stinking cute!
These are my best friends in.the.world.


 At Matt's parents house Paiton immediately wanted to get in the kiddie pool and swim! It turned out to be hot that day and felt sooo good!

 The boys shucking corn to make us Mom's dinner! :) We had ribs and BBQ'd corn! Stacie and I enjoyed saying "Because it's MOTHERS DAY" as much as possible! We asked for glasses of water, I stole the Target ad out of Matt's hands, we didn't cook, etc. It was glorious. ;) 
 My sweet, sweet boyfriend.
 It turns out that Quinn is a little fish, just the like Paiton and I! I put him in and he immediately started splashing and then just laughing like crazy! He was going crazy and splashing himself right in the face!

 I let him splash and play until he started to shiver! Then it was time to get wrapped up and dressed!

 Matt's parents got a new car, so Matt and I took it out for a test drive and while we did that Uncle Jared took Quinn and played with him in the backyard while the girls swam. When we got back Quinn was having so much fun with him! Then Q started going crazy pointing at the pool and doing this sign thing he does with his hands when he wants something and he was obviously wanting to swim again! So I got him in his bathing suit and in he went again! He went just as crazy as before, but then also starting just diving in the water head first! Talk about giving me a heart attack! He kept playing and splashing and head diving until he started to shiver again! Needless to say, he was NOT pleased when I pulled him out of the pool! :) He is going to LOVE the water park this year! Yay! 
As I watched Paiton in her bathing suit running around she just looked so BIG to me! So tall and lanky! She has thinned out a lot and is just such a beautiful and perfect girl. Made me a little sad to realize she's growing up so quickly. 
We did end up getting to see my parents briefly that night on our way home. We had a really fun day and I'm so happy to have my kids. My sweet, amazing, child prodigy Paiton made me a Mother 3.5 years ago. I LOVE that girl. She is my best friend and the most amazing girl I've ever met. She's kind, sensitive, whip smart, so helpful, hilarious, and outgoing. She can shake her booty like no one's business. Then 2.5 years later the most perfect little man made me a Mom times two. Quinn is drop dead handsome, has the sweetest soul, is so kind and giving, and very sweet and silly. He loves to be tickled and I'm more than happy to oblige!
Of course, without my handsome husband, I wouldn't be a mom at all! Thanks Matty for making me a mom and giving me the best kids in the world!! Also thanks for spoiling me on Mother's Day! :)
And OF COURSE, thanks to all the amazing Mom's in our lives, we are so blessed by you all: meine mutter (my mom), Matt's Mom, Ema Riggs, Grandma Dottie, Grandma Doris, Triple G. We love you ALL. 

**Side note: Why am I terrible at blogging now!? I have so many posts I need to get to - Quinn's first birthday, his party, Cameron's prom, and lots of other stuff!! I have got to get on this!

No comments: