Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Update on P Body
Just wanted to update everyone. On Monday, 10/13/08 I had a couple contractions throughout the day, nothing too horrible. That night at midnight I was woken up by really strong, really painful contractions. I walked around my house, watched some TV, and took a bath. They were getting worse. I called Labor and Delivery and they told me to come in. I didn't really want to because it's a long drive and it's still too early for P to come. So I called my doctor and she said "Do you feel like going in?" I said "No." She responded "Go in anyway". So I woke up Matt, we packed the hospital bag in a hurry, grabbed the diaper bag, and drove to the hospital. We live almost 40 minutes away now that the entire freeway there is 55 MPH!! It was a looong drive. We made and they checked us in and put us on the monitor. Paiton was doing really good and I was contracting a lot. I was in active labor. Scary! The nurse checked me and I still wasn't dilated. Now we are stuck in a catch 22. When you're 36 weeks as I was exactly they don't do anything to stop your contractions, I had assumed they'd give me the Terbutaline shot like they did before, but nope! The flip side is that since you're only 36 weeks they won't help your labor along by breaking your water or anything, which was fine with me, except for that that left us with one choice - go home and deal with it! Had I been dilated they would have admitted us and we would have had a baby. So they sent us home. Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment and still was not dilated at all. The dr. took me off work and I'm now only working part time from home. She said that I am in early labor and will be until Paiton gets here, which she now thinks will be early. So lucky me, I get to just be in labor for who knows how long until she gets here! Luckily I haven't had any contractions since yesterday so that's really good. The next time it happens we are supposed to go back in and get checked out again. So we'll see. I am really thinking, hoping, forcing her to stay in until November 1. That's my goal! She definitely cannot come next week, my mom will be on a cruise and there's no way I'm having this baby without her!! I never thought I'd say this but - PLEASE STAY PUT BABY P!!! I love you but I don't want to meet you just yet!! Keep on cookin! Just wanted to update and check back later because I have some awesome pictures from this weekend of Dad, Matt, and Spencer attacking a tree in our backyard to cut some of the branches off. I can't explain, you need to see the pictures!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
oh boy!! you are getting so close! just hope that your body will dilate on its own so that you don't have to have a c-section like me! I am excited for you though! yay for babies :)
Post a Comment