I have had a few people ask why I decided to do Scentsy, have my photography business, work from home, etc. I'll do better than give you one reason, I'll give you 13 :
-Paiton's multiple doctors visits for sleep problems
-Quinn's multiple doctors visits for 6 ear infections
-Paiton's sleep study
-Paiton's visit with a pulmonologist and several visits with an ENT
-Paiton's majory surgery - T&A
-Quinn's visit with an ENT
-Quinn's surgery for tubes
-Paiton's broken foot - multiple x-rays, cast, follow up visits
-Quinn's visit to the ER for bad croup, trouble breathing, and chest x-rays
-Paiton's 2 bouts of Croup - one requiring a breathing treatment machine at home for 10 days
-My thyroid ultrasounds and biopsy
-Me giving birth with NO insurance and not qualifying for ANY help
-Quinn being hospitalized for jaundice
All of that happened in 2011. As you can probably guess we're buried in ridiculous amounts of medical debt. Anyone who doesn't see a problem with medical coverage in this country, and even worse in this state, can feel free to come dig through our stack of medical bills any day. No wonder people who are seriously ill are losing their homes, filing bankruptcy, etc. It's so sad, and so hard. Matt and I work for a living. We should be living a lot more comfortably than we are - because of this. It sickens me and it upsets me.
That's my vent for today. I hope a change is made because there are people even worse than we are, as hard as that is for me to imagine. On that note, I'm considering packing up and moving to Canada. The people there say cool things like "Eh", their money is pretty, and health coverage is not something you have to lay in bed at night sick over. What do you think, eh?
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
No, don't go to Canada, you have to wait a year to see a doctor. Plus, it's even colder than Idaho.
Unfortunately, you are at the age where working so hard is a must! Kids cost LOADS of money(you know that now) Medical insurance is expensive, every month, but without it, you have even more bills. Sad to say, but you are the majority right now, so everyone knows how you feel.
Someday, down the road, you will be more comfortable. When the kids get a little older, you guys are better able to budget money....and actually have some to save!
We have all been there, ask your parents!
Hang in there, we still love ya tons and tons and tons!!!!!!
Post a Comment