Tabs

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Days Are Long...

....But The Years Are Short.

SO TRUE!
We had Quinn's "interview" today for the Infant/Toddler program. It went alright. The lady was super nice and just asked a bunch of questions. Matt got to come home for the beginning but then had to leave. She asked questions about all areas of his life, what he can/can't do, etc.
I had to give words to describe him and it made me realize how LUCKY we are to have him. He's amazing. I really feel like he has such a sweet soul. He is so very kind. He is always willing to give kisses, he loves to get and give hugs and even wraps his arms around us and squeezes. He's a back patter, always patting my back when I'm holding him. He's so content doing most thing, just snuggling, being held, being tickle tortured by Paiton, etc. He's a very, very special boy. Basically we didn't find out too much today. We did the interview and she has to present it to her team. She did say that he definitely needs an OT and/or PT evaluation and they will be calling me Monday or Tuesday to schedule that. After those are done they will decide whether he needs to be given a written plan and goal for PT/OT and we will get started on that.
This morning before Matt left for work Quinn did get his knees under him, almost on all 4's but not  pushed up (if that makes any sense...) and that is a big deal for him. I've never seen him do that before.

Things have been crazy busy over here, as usual. I just booked another wedding that's in less than a month, and I've been having 4-5 shoots a week the last few weeks. In addition to usually over 40 hours a week of "real" work, Scentsy, and both kids makes for a tired mommy! I did manage to get in a run today, so if you saw a lady looking like she was dying running down Ustick pushing a double stroller, don't worry, it was just me. I fed my kids McDonald's for dinner. In the car. For the second day in a row. My poor family would probably love nothing more than a real dinner meal sitting in chairs instead of the car. Matt's been busy playing tennis so I think he eats in the car as well, although I have no idea because I haven't seen him. ;)

Paiton is still amazing. She is obsessed with spelling. She wants to know how to spell everything. Her current favorites are Paiton, Locke, sheep, and cow. She's intent on learning alligator right now. She's the best big sister we could ask for. She's just so grown up and beautiful. We get compliments every time we step foot out the door of how gorgeous she is. She's growing up way too fast. In school right now they are watching caterpillars grow and are waiting for them to spin their cocoons and turn into butterflies. She is pretty sure she knows everything, and I'm beginning to believe her. She outsmarts us constantly. She's a good (although at times highly emotional) girl. Love her.

I think that's it for an update for now...
Pictures coming...

No comments: