Tabs

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Shots!

So Paiton had her shots yesterday. She was such a good girl. First they weighed her and she weighs 11 lbs. 2 oz. That's exactly 2 pounds more than her one month check up! Good girl P! She is also 22 inches long! She is growing, that's for sure! The doctor (who we love and is AMAZING) looked her over and said that she is doing just great. She asked about tummy time and I told her that we do it but Pai hates it! She put her on her tummy and was amazed at how strong Paiton is! She can push herself up with her arms already. I told you all my baby is a genius! :) Then it was shot time....She got one medication orally, then she had three shots!! Two in one leg, one in the other. It was so sad. She was laying on the table just sucking on her binky as innocent as can be and then WHAM! Needle stabs! And they are not gentle at all! It broke my heart. She made the absolute saddest face I have ever seen in my life and then the tears came! :( Poor baby. But she only cried for a few minutes and then we got her dressed and off we went. She slept most of the day. I had to wake her up to feed her b/c she just kept sleeping!! Matt and I went to eat after her shots because we were both starving and she just slept and slept! Then on our way home we stopped by a coffee shop to see Nana Kathy, Grandma, and Janet. Then we came home and laid around on the couch all night!
I am also happy to announce that I am getting my hair chopped off! I totally understand why people do this when they have kids. I DO NOT have time to straighten it or do it at all, when I feed Paiton there's hair falling her face and her mouth, and now that she knows it's there she loves to grab it and give it a good yank! So as soon as Angie is back to work on Friday I am making an appointment and off goes the hair!! If you have any suggestions - let me know!!
I also have an update on my acceptance into the Master's program at BSU. I had to decide yesterday whether I was going to start the program in the fall or not. After talking with the department and with Matt I decided that I had to pass up the opportunity. The program is not as flexible as BSU makes it sound - in fact it's not flexible at all! I would have to attend class or training five days a week for two years! Which would mean Paiton would be in daycare five days a week which is something I refuse to do for personal and financial reasons! Plus that leaves me no time to work! So I am pretty irritated since I feel I was mislead about their "flexibility". But it will be ok, I really think it's their loss, not mine. I am going to look into the programs at NNU instead, they actually ARE flexible! Stupid BSU! Grrr....
I have a few pictures from yesterday to upload but right now I need to get ready for the day while Paiton is sleeping, otherwise it may never happen!

No comments: