Tabs

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My baby, the genius

Paiton is almost 3 weeks old!! Wow! I can't believe it's already been three weeks since we had her! She is doing good. She has recently discovered her hands and it's pretty cute because she uses them ALL THE TIME! When we're changing her diaper, when I'm trying to feed her, when we are trying to give her her binky, she's waving her hands around!
We are still having pretty rough nights. Poor Matt is probably exhausted every day when he goes to work. Our precious little baby is quite the screamer. It comes on suddenly, she could be dead asleep and around 8:30-9 pm she'll wake up screaming. Loudly. And for a very long time. We have been told lots of things to try to help her - too bad not a single thing works with this baby! We end up taking turns walking around with her, rocking her, and changing her position for sometimes 3 or 4 hours until she falls asleep. This is a typical night for us: Matt looks happy so the screaming must have just started.

It is almost like we have two different babies. We have day baby who is very quiet and calm, and then we have night baby, who I think hates me and the world. I really still think it's her little tummy bothering her and it makes me really sad every night that I have no idea what to do for her. So if you have any miraculous ideas, PLEASE LET US KNOW. We give her gas drops every time she eats, we have put a heating pad on her belly, given her a bath, rocked her, walked her, sang to her, threatened to sell her, nothing works with this kid! :)
She is still easily the most precious thing I think I've ever encountered, here are some more super cute pictures of my little sweetie :)


Swinging with her stuffed bunny that Nana Carol bought her. She loves her little bunny! It's her special swing toy.
In a cute little outfit getting ready to go watch Daddy's basketball game last night. The game ended up getting canceled because the other team didn't show up. Matt told the girls that they won by intimidation :)In her little sleep sack and matching beanie on daddy's lap.
I caught a smile!! This baby has the cutest smiles. I don't care what anyone says, she has been smiling since the day she was born and she KNOWS she's smiling. It's not an accident. She does it a lot while she's sleeping and sometimes she laughs too. But she also does it while she's awake if you make funny noises to her or tickle her cheek. She is a baby genius and I love her gummy little smiles!!!! They melt my heart!

So all in all she is doing very good and so are we. We are so happy to have our little love bug here and I can't believe my once strawbaby is here and growing so fast!! We are currently battling a case of baby acne and her little face is all broken out :( Poor baby, hopefully it goes away soon!! Not too long until her first Christmas - woohoo!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Are you nursing? you should just get on myspace im one of these days so we can chat. corbin gave me a run for my money the first...i dunno month i would say?? to be honest, once you get past the first 3 months they become completely different and their little personalities start to shine. Corbin is so much fun right now, it just gets better and better!

Jen said...

She is so cute. I love all of her outfits. You should read "The Happiest Baby on the Block" It helped with my kids.Your friend is right...After they get to be 2-3 months old it gets much better.