Tabs

Friday, December 12, 2008

P's dr. appt yesterday

Ok so Paiton is sleeping right now so I thought I'd update you all. After I wrote that post yesterday morning things kept getting worse and worse. I felt so bad for her and I couldn't do anything to make her happy. I called my mom in tears and she said that if this is definitely not normal for P then I needed to call the doctor again and take her in. So I called and told them we were coming in. I took her in and the doctor checked her out. She now weighs 9 lbs. 2 oz.!!! What a big girl! Almost exactly 2 pounds gained since she was born! The doctor said that she has thrush in her mouth. She has been having trouble eating lately and the doctor said this is probably why, because it would be painful for her to eat. She also thinks P has acid reflux. She said it fits exactly what I was telling her, the screaming, the throwing up, the yucky face she makes like she's tasting something bad, etc. So she wrote a prescription for P to help decrease the acid in her stomach. She said it will take a couple weeks for it to begin working. I really hope this helps little P. I feel bad that I waited to take her in and made her suffer even more! :( So she is being a good girl and taking her medicine for thrush and the medicine for acid reflux. The doctor also did say that thrush exacerbates the acid reflux and makes it even worse! Oi!
She had a much better night last night. She screamed the whole time we were in Target getting her prescription, we got home and she had another huge poop explosion all over her daddy which resulted in her getting a nice warm bath. Then she fell asleep in her snuggle blanket and didn't wake up until 9 when I fed her. Then back to sleep until 3 am! She must have been exhausted from all of that adorable screaming! :)
So please think of Pai and hope the medicine helps her little belly!!

1 comment:

Brooke and Brad Arnold said...

I hope that the medicine helps, I know it's hard when you can't do anything to help them feel better, I'm sure you'd rather feel the pain that she's feeling! Poor baby!