Tabs

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Genius

Paiton Update!
I took Paiton to the doctor on Monday morning. She was concerned that she'd had a fever of over 102 for over 24 hours. She checked her ears and they were fine. She checked her throat and said it was a little red. We kind of lucked out because of this! She said that because Paiton is now traumatized (she screams and cries and clings to me from the second we even pull up to the doctor's office) from all her catheters that she really didn't want to have to do another one so soon after her last. So she gave Paiton another day to break her fever. I was to call her Tuesday afternoon and talk to her about what was going on. Tuesday morning she still had a fever of 102 so I was not hopeful! But by the afternoon it was down to 100 with no Tylenol. So I called and Dr. Zieba said she could have one more day to fully rid herself of the fever. If it's not gone by tonight, she gets a catheter tomorrow! So cross your fingers!! She is acting much better, still not eating much but at least walking around and playing now that the fever is down! Yay!

Other than that she's still just our little genius baby. She talks like crazy and can basically tell us anything she wants! She loves the Toy Story movies and will say "Mommy, my movie!" if she wants to watch it. She also demands that the DVD player in the car be on at all times playing either Dora or Toy Story when we're driving. As soon as I open the door to put her in she'll say "My movie! My movie!" and if I forget to immediately turn it on (like yesterday) I hear from the backseat "Ummm....Mommy! Dora!"
She just cracks us up with her ability to talk! I have not met anyone even near her age that is able to talk like she can and I just eat it up. We say that she has a little cartoon character voice, it's so high and sweet. She loves to go places and will ask me "Go Bye Bye?"
She is just so sweet and funny and we love her to death, every minute, even the tough ones are so much better than any moment I've had in my life before her.

No comments: