But first, on Monday night we celebrated Ryan's first birthday!
Before all the festivities began Paiton gave us a pretty good laugh. She had an elastic headband in her hair and I guess as she was playing it slid down over her eyes. Matt noticed her trying to walk around with it covering her eyes and as Matt, Brandon, Carissa and I stood and watched she walked around Frankenstein like, not being able to see and with her arms out in front of her, and walked smack into a door! It was hilarious! She fell backward and Aunt Carissa ran and got her, and she wasn't hurt, so we didn't feel too bad laughing at that one! Although it did cause Brandon to be in a lot of pain. He tried really hard not to laugh, but couldn't help it!
Ryan nicely let Cadon and Paiton help him open his presents :)
(This picture is just to prove to everyone in California that Brandon did survive having a portion of himself removed!)
Ryan almost got to play with his new lawn mower from Nana:
She has also become very helpful. Every night after the dogs eat she runs right up and grabs their bowls to put them back in the cupboard! It cracks us up! I guess she's just seen us do it so many times she knows that's what you do!
This can't possibly be my baby:
She is just such a TODDLER now. I can't get over it. Luckily she still likes me to cuddle her to sleep every night, which I plan on doing until she is sick of. I love those moments of snuggliness and babiness. She is such a fun kid but I am already miss some of those baby things. Not all, but some!
A couple funny Paiton-isms:
Last night she discovered the word "Why?" So then everything was "Why?" "Paiton you need to eat your dinner." "Why?" "Paiton please don't climb on that." "Why?" "Paiton don't scream like that!" "Why?" It was so funny!
This morning she walked up to me and handed me Toy Story and said in a complete sentence: "There you go Mommy." Then pointed to the TV. I said "Did you just say 'There you go?'" And she said "Uh huh. My movie." Umm....ok! She cracks me up with what a little person she is, you just never know what will come out of her mouth next!!





2 comments:
She is so funny and super cute.
I remember the stackng phase! Coleson used to stack everything from the grocery bags as I was putting them away...right about this age. :) congrats on the new car!
Post a Comment