We had a really fun, relaxing weekend!!
Friday after work we didn't really do much. I made dinner and we watched a movie we had rented and snuggled on the couch. Saturday we ran a couple errands and made our traditional trip to Qdoba. Kids eat free there on the weekend and Matt gets a discount for being a teacher. We all love to eat there and we like to go! Then after Paiton's nap we headed over to Nana and Papa's house for dinner. It was a full house now that everyone is paired off! Matt, Paiton, and I got there and Brandon, Carissa, Cadon and Ryan were already there. As were Spencer and his girlfriend Kailtyn, and Cameron and her boyfriend Patrick, along with Mom and Dad! After dinner we picked up Ema Riggs and headed out to look at Christmas lights. I wish I would have brought the {newly found} camera along to get a video of Paiton's reaction. We stopped at a house we went to last year where the lights are set to music. It's really cool (I actually think I posted a video last year...) and Paiton LOVED it. When the song would end she would ask for more, and when they lit up she would get so excited and say "There they are! There's the lights!" It was very sweet. After that house we headed to Sub Zero, one of our favorite ice cream places! It's where you pick everything and they mix it together for you and then they freeze it in front of you! As we were eating our ice cream the teenagers decided they didn't really care about seeing more Christmas lights so we headed back to Mom's to play games instead. It was a lot of fun!
Here are Cadon, Paiton, and Papa watching the ice cream be made:
Here are Cadon, Paiton, and Papa watching the ice cream be made:
Today we had a perfect Sunday!! We got up this morning to a little bit of snow. Matt shoveled the driveway and sidewalks while Paiton and I stayed warm inside. Then we headed out to get some coffee and chocolate milk and grab a movie from the Redbox. Matt picked out the new Shrek movie to watch! Paiton loves Shrek and we hadn't seen this one yet.
When we got home Paiton ate some lunch and then took a nap while I worked and Matt watched football. After Paiton's nap we put in Shrek and ate dinner. It was a really good movie and we liked it! It had started (and still is) snowing really hard so it was fun to snuggle on the couch and watch Shrek. We took a break during the movie and Paiton and I made some cookies! She loves to sit on the counter and "help" and she also loves to eat cookies!! :)
My attempts to get a normal picture of this silly girl :

They turned out delicious and we had a fun time making them together! :)
All in all it was a good weekend! It is so fun to be getting close to Christmas. It is seriously amazing how much more fun holidays and things are when you have a kid. I thought they were fun before, and even the last couple years they were more fun than they used to be, but this year it's totally different. Paiton understands Santa and presents and gets excited about it and it makes everything ten times better. There is nothing more fun than watching your kid get excited and open presents and tell you how happy they are. It's the best!
Paiton is such a sweetie too. She frequently tells me throughout the day "I love you so much!" and gives me big kisses! The other day she about brought Matt to tears when he came home from work. She gave him a big hug and said "I missed you so much Daddy!" She is a heart melter I tell ya what!! :)
Paiton is such a sweetie too. She frequently tells me throughout the day "I love you so much!" and gives me big kisses! The other day she about brought Matt to tears when he came home from work. She gave him a big hug and said "I missed you so much Daddy!" She is a heart melter I tell ya what!! :)
Here is the last picture I took with the camera before it got lost and I have been wanting to share:
This is a wreath that Paiton made me one day at Barb's! I think it is absolutely beautiful and it is hanging inside on our front door! I love it and she is very proud to tell us "I made the pine cones at Barb's!"
Matt is very excited because Monday and Tuesday this week are finals and half days. (For the kids anyway, he has to work the full day) and then it's ChRiStMaS bReAk!! He gets the rest of this week and all of next week off! He is very excited about that! He wrote his final today and had me look it over and he did a great job! Here's to a good couple weeks coming up! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment