Tabs

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snow Day!!

This morning we woke up to a phone call at 4:58 am letting Matt know it was a snow day and there was no school! We had figured as much, since rumor amongst the school folk last night was that the roads would be too bad for buses today.
Unfortunately Matt didn't get the super fun snow day he probably wishes he had! He spent a few hours this morning doing paperwork, then he spent a good 2 hours shoveling our driveway! There was SO much snow it took forever, and more kept falling! Then he had to brave the roads and head into work for a bit. Such a bummer that adults don't actually get snow days!! He said the roads were pretty slick and he slipped a few times. My car doesn't have 4WD or snow tires, so it's tricky! Matt's car is even worse so we try not to drive it as much as possible in the winter!
By 8:30 this morning Paiton was already in her snowsuit, hat, and gloves and outside playing in the snow! It was up past her knees which made it hard for her to move around too much, but she sure enjoyed just standing there watching it fall and watching the dogs play!
I got some good pictures, but I will have to upload them later.
I did want to share a funny story about Paiton though!
This morning I made us some chocolate chip muffins, which she usually loves. I broke one in half and held it out to her, and she gave me the strangest look. Then she said "Gross Mom! There's poop on it!" She just looked at me like I was the craziest person to give her something with poop on it!! Crazy girl!
Another funny thing she did today was that she kept asking me for "Monkey Juice", which I figured out was apple juice, but I couldn't figure out why she was calling it that. Finally I asked her and she showed me that on the apple juice carton there is a picture of Curious George, who happens to be a monkey! Tada! = Monkey juice!!

In baby news, I am 17 weeks today! Woohoo! We find out one week from today what the sex of the baby is, so make sure and vote on the side of the blog! And when I say vote, I mean vote for a girl!!!! :)

No comments: