Tabs

Friday, December 17, 2010

Paiton-isms

I just have a couple funny Paiton stories to share.
~As I have posted before she is totally into music. We always comment that we have a 2-going-on-16 year old. Her favorite song right now is STILL California Gurls by Katy Perry. She will request it saying "Play California song and turn it up!" However her Titi Cami got her hooked on a new song - Bottoms Up. In case you don't have teenagers (or a toddler who believes she is one), this is a song about drinking, hence the name Bottoms Up. Paiton LOVES it and will ask me to play the "Bottoms Up song!" I don't have it anywhere so we have to hope they play it on the radio on her command!! She loves to sing along and her favorite part goes "Bottoms up, bottoms up, UP!" It is totally inappropriate, but man is it cute!!! If she doesn't feel her song is loud enough she has no problem yelling "Mom! Turn it up!" She will be getting her own iTunes card in her stocking this year. She just has too many favorite songs that are on the radio that she requests I play. She already considers my iPod Touch "hers" and knows how to work it, so I figure she might as well have her favorite songs on it! :)
~Yesterday we were driving to my office and all of a sudden Paiton started yelling "Stop it sun! Stop it now! Go away sun!" I looked back and the sun was right in her eyes and it was not making her happy!! Silly girl! She also loves to sing the "Rain rain go away" song to the rain outside! She knows the whole song and it is soooo cute when she sings it!
~She won't get near Santa. She cries if he looks at her, or dare he, wave at her. She will tell me "Santa is scary, but he brings presents and toys!" I can't really argue with that considering we try so hard to teach our kids not to talk to/go with strangers, and here parents are, shoving their kids on a strange mans lap! So I am a little sad we won't have those pictures of her with Santa, but oh well!
~Another new thing is that at night she will go "Shhh....I hear somepin'!" and Matt and I will say "What do you hear?" And she says "I hear Santa!" or "I hear reindeer!" We haven't talked about Santa coming to the house or anything, so we aren't sure where she got this, but it is cute. Matt says that Santa must sure be out practicing his route a lot for Paiton to hear him every night! ;)
~This morning Paiton walked up to me as I sat at the table eating and started to rub my back. I said "Oh P, you are so sweet, thank you!" and she replied "I'm just rubbing my boogers on your back! There ya go!" And ran off. Needless to say I changed my shirt.
~She has always been a good talker, but now it is just so much fun to have actual conversations with her. I find her amazing and hilarious. She is just too precious for words. Today I found her with her doll pressed up against her chest and Paiton was rocking her saying "It's ok sweetheart. I love you sweetheart." Brought tears to my eyes!! I love this girl!!
~Our tree is getting pine needles all over our floor of course. Paiton keeps stepping on them and she'll tell us her foot hurts. So the other night Matt said "Oh you stepped on a pine needle!" and now when she steps on them she will say "I stepped in leaf pile!" and she will sit down and pull the needle off the bottom of her foot. It's so cute that she kind of misunderstood what he said, but now they're called leaf piles in our house!

No comments: