Tabs

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

31 Weeks


Today I am 31 weeks with Quinn! I almost had a heart attack when I saw "63 days until due date" today. Yikes!! That is not very long at all! Still lots to do around here - burp rags and blankets to finish sewing, room decorations to finish, a ROOM to finish, etc.!!
Everything is still going well. I think I already blogged about my check up on Monday, but if I didn't, everything is fine! The glucose test I took turned out perfectly and she said my iron looks great and I have been doing good with weight gain. My belly is measuring 30 weeks, so it's fine too! Little Quinn is doing just great! :)
Everything else is going alright, I am having really bad pain in my ribs all the time, although afternoon/evening is worse. Nothing makes it go away, so I spend a lot of my time standing or on my heating pad trying to ease it a little bit. I got a gift card for a massage for Christmas and I can't save it anymore! I am going next week to get a prenatal massage! My sister in law just got hers and said the girl was wonderful, so I scheduled with the same girl and I'm really excited!! Hoping it helps my back if nothing else!!
Here is my 31 week picture:
Also I have some more big news to share! I finally got a call back from the nurse at the sleep doctor today. She assured me that insurance companies always say that a sleep study isn't medically necessary and that they won't cover it, but that once it's done with they will. She said that depending on what they find will change what reasoning they give to the insurance company but rarely do they ever not cover it. I was really hesitant to schedule one for a few reasons - 1-Paiton is already so terrified of doctors that hooking her up to machines and what not and then expecting her to sleep isn't going to go well and isn't going to help the fear, 2 - it just makes me nervous, not sure why, 3 - it's still going to cost me a lot of money!, and 4 - with our luck she won't have any night terrors that night, or won't sleep, or something that will mean it didn't help them diagnose her at all! BUT she talked me into it. She said that the doctor really thinks it's necessary and nothing else can be done until we rule out certain things and *hopefully* find out what is causing the problems, and the only way to do that is a sleep study! So it's scheduled for March 24. She has to be there by 7:30 pm and we will be released around 6:30 am she said. I am pretty nervous about it but really hoping it will be worth it and something will be found out!

In potty training news today is going much better than yesterday, but I will update about that tomorrow when the day is done and we have a final count of successes and accidents! =)

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Good luck with the sleep study and hopefully P will have night terrors,( hate that but so hoping she does and that they find the problem and can fix it. Love you.