WOOOHOOOO!!!
As I had been documenting I stayed home with Paiton a lot of last week to really work hard on potty training her.
Tuesday and Wednesday we didn't leave the house. Thursday afternoon we left to go visit Stacie and the new baby at the hospital and P wore a Pull Up, which she thought was the same as a diaper (because, let's face it, it is). Friday we had dance class and ran a bunch of errands with Nana and Ema and did a Pull Up that day too. Paiton wouldn't go potty in big toilets or in toilets at other places. Friday night we saw Matt's parents while his dad was in town and she wore a Pull Up. She wouldn't go in the big potty at their house. I didn't think we were making much progress since we hadn't been able to stay at home as much as I had hoped and focus on it.
I was kind of getting discouraged, but didn't give up. Saturday we continued the process at home and she really wasn't having many accidents. Saturday night my parents came over for dinner and we got to stay home all day and night. She didn't have any accidents except for one #2 in her panties, and one accident that night when she was playing and I think didn't realize she had to go.
Sunday during the day we were home and she didn't have any accidents. We went over to Mom and Dad's that night and we were brave and Paiton wore her big girl panties! We went potty before we left the house and when we got there she was still dry! Woohoo!! Then she did go in the big toilet at their house and I'm sooo glad! I think she knew she didn't have a choice. I had debated bringing her little potty, but decided she had to get used to the big potty too in case we were out somewhere and she had to go! She didn't have any accidents at Nannie and Papa's until right before we left when she went poopy in her big girl panties!! :( That seems to be our biggest problem. We are on day 3 of no potty accidents, but she seems really hesitant to go #2 on the toilet, ANY toilet.
We did make big progress today when she went #2 on her potty!! Yay Paiton!! Also today we ventured out to Albertson's to grab some things and she wore her panties! She had to go once while we were there and successfully went on the potty in Albertsons (which I knew would be harder for ME, public bathrooms TOTALLY gross this germaphobe out, especially when it's my baby sitting on the toilet!!! :\) and made it home with no trouble! Yay!!
So I think it's safe to say that she is mostly potty trained. I am still putting diapers on her at nap time and bed time. Usually she is still dry after a nap, but not in the morning.
We are so super proud of this little girl!! Way to go P!! You rock!
And to update on other things: last Friday Nana and Ema came to watch Paiton at dance class!! She did SOOOO good! I am so proud of her! She listened to her teacher and did exactly what she was supposed to do! I took some more cute pictures and videos of her, and when I went to upload them today...they weren't on my memory card!!! I have no idea what happened to them or where they went but they're not there! :(
On Friday my mom picked up my baby shower invitations! They are SO cute, so watch the mail for them this week! I will post one later so that all the family in California can see! We figured no one would be making a baby shower trip up here in a couple weeks, but of course, if you want to you're more than invited!!! ;)
Here are just a couple pictures from my phone:
Snuggling Dora on my bathroom floor while I took a shower:

Walking with Daddy and carrying her purse.





2 comments:
Yay, Paiton you are doing so good. I'm sure Dora on your panties is happy you dont go #1  on her any more ;)
Good job P!! I need to buckle down and potty train Corbin. Gosh its a lot of work!!
Kinlee has those same pink monkey jammies :)
Post a Comment