Tabs

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

33 Weeks!

I am 33 weeks pregnant with little QJ today!! (And I just decided QJ looks too much like OJ, eh, it was worth a shot.)
I had a check up today and Paiton, of course, was so helpful. They don't even have to tell her what to do anymore. She knows which button to push to take my blood pressure (which unlike with P has been PERFECT this whole pregnancy! Woot woot!), she pulls out the measuring tape and then pushes the button to suck it back in after they measure my belly (measuring right on track) and she knows which button to push when the doctor is ready to listen to Quinn's heartbeat (150 today). She loves being able to help so much!
My appointment went well, everything is fine. She said I am on the absolute maximum dose of heartburn medicine I can take, which really bummed me out because it has been absolutely terrible the last few nights. I feel like my esophagus is just destroyed from all the acid. She said maybe he'll come out with a lot of hair like Paiton based on the old wives tale! :) I hope so!!
She felt him and said that he is already head down and ready to go, which I figured. She said that the major pain in my right ribs is from his little bum being shoved right on up there! Since I have such a short torso he is curled up, head down, butt in right ribs, and feet in left ribs and left side. That's what is pushing my ribs out so far! Not much to do about that except get him out!
Speaking of getting him out....Dr. Jones suggested today that I be induced on May 4, a week exactly before my due date. I know I have posted before that I don't think it's right to be induced early just for the heck of it, I'd rather my babies stay in and cook and get all cute and chubby! But after talking with Dr. Jones she seems to think it would be better that Quinn come early rather than late. As I mentioned before, I am having him at a hospital she doesn't typically deliver at, so I'll be her only patient there, which would mean that if I were to go into labor on my own she may be at the other hospital delivering and not be able to make it on time. I really want her to be the one to deliver him. Also Paiton got stuck coming out and had to be vacuumed out. She was totally average size, but since I am small it was just hard for her to come out on her own. Dr. Jones is just afraid that we may have more complications that could result in a c-section - which I do NOT want! So anyway, after discussing it with her she made me feel better in having him a week early. This is not set in stone, they still have to call and schedule the induction at the hospital and there is no guarantee that they will have an opening for that day, but I will find out more at my next appt. in two weeks.
If that is the case then that leaves me with only 6 weeks to get things ready for this kid! Yikes! Better get a move on. I have blankets, burp rags, and nursing covers to sew, things to buy, and a room to somehow get all settled and figured out!! Let the time crunch begin! :)

In other news tomorrow night (Thursday) is Paiton's sleep study!! I am nervous for a variety of reasons - the poor child has been nothing but tortured by doctors her entire life so I know she is not going to be a happy camper about this! I also worry that she will magically have a great night and not have any night terrors, wake ups, etc. Not that I like her having them, but without them they won't be getting the data they need on her!! That would definitely be our luck! So cross your fingers and watch for an update!

No comments: