Paiton is 5 days old today! I can't even believe it! She is so much fun. We have been doing pretty good. The first couple nights were a little rough, but she is a REALLY good baby. She sleeps a lot during the day, but when she's awake she is really fun. She is really attentive and looks around a lot and makes the cutest little faces.
Yesterday Paiton had her first bath (at home) and we went for our first outing! We went to her first doctor's appointment and the doctor said she is doing great! She had gained two ounces in two days! She's a good little eater. Everything else is good too! Then we went and visited Nana Carol at her work and showed off our little princess. Everyone loved her (of course!)
Last night the Lurcook's came over and Mom made dinner for all of us. It was spaghetti - my favorite - and it was delicious! Thanks mom! And Grandma made us no bake cookies - our other favorite! Yum yum. Then last night Paiton had an AWESOME night. She went to sleep about 9:30, then she woke up to get her diaper changed around 12:30 and ate. Then she didn't wake up again until 4:30 this morning - and that's only because I woke her up because I needed to feed her!! Then she slept until about 8:30 this morning. Then I think she only woke up because I was playing with her and taking her picture. Haha.
Today we headed to Babies R Us to exchange some things and get some things we needed. Grandpa Chris and Nana Kathy met us there. Grandpa Chris immediately took over stroller pushing duty. I think Paiton already has someone (ok lots of someones) tied around her little finger :)
Matt just left for basketball practice, leaving me and Paiton on our own for the first time, and we're doing ok!
I hope you all enjoy the pictures!
This is how P sleeps in bed with Matt and I. When she is like this she'll sleep for a full 7-8 hours if I don't wake her up. She won't sleep in her bassinet. Which is ok with me, I like having her next to me. This swaddle blanket from my friend Jodi is the greatest thing EVER. We had to buy a second one because she was in this one constantly and we needed a clean spare!
Paiton's first bath at home
All wrapped up getting dried off
Sucking her thumb for the first time! This was like 3 in the morning so it was hard to get a good picture.P's 2nd outing!





2 comments:
She is ADORABLE. She is the perfect mix of both of you. Congratulations your life is forever changed!
Can't wait to watch her grow up and hope to see her in person someday soon.
ps- Your wood floors are gorgeous :)
Oh, And YOU look great too by the way.
Post a Comment