Tabs

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

6 days old.

Paiton is 6 days old today! I can't believe that tomorrow she'll be a week old. It kind of feels like we've had her forever, and yet it also feels like she just came yesterday. We love this little baby more than is possible to describe. She has got the cutest little personality. She is seriously the most well behaved baby I've ever seen. When she is awake she is so attentive and smart. She loves to just look around and take everything in. When she is asleep she makes the cutest little faces and sounds. She loves her Boppy pillow, her daddy, her mommy, her binki, and her swaddle blanket.
Today I put her in her swing for the first time. She really liked it! Plus she looks super cute sitting in it =) It's weird because it is 6:00 pm right now and all I can think about is that EXACTLY one week ago today I was starting to have contractions right at this time. It's very weird. I can picture us being in Walmart and Matt trying to find stuff to make pizza and me being like "Are you kidding!? Hurry up!" and having contractions while paying and walking through the parking lot. The good news is is that we were at Walmart, so we totally fit in :)
Anyway I just wanted to share that little tidbit. A week ago I had no idea what it felt like to hold my little baby, we didn't have any idea what she looked like or anything about her. Now we know her cry, her little noises, what she does when she's frustrated, happy, gassy. Now she's my best friend in the world and my own little piece of me. She's laying on my lap right now just as content as can be and I couldn't be happier.
Here are just a couple more pictures.

Paiton - 5 days old. What a cute little binki face!!
First time in the swing. She loves it!!

Matty and Pai snuggling in bed.

No comments: