We decided to take Paiton to a place called The Grilled Cheese Grill for lunch because she loves grilled cheese! We found it in a brochure of the best places to eat in Portland and were excited to try it. You can imagine our surprise when we pulled up to this:
It was a school bus!! It was actually delicious! I got the First Grader, which was one piece of wheat bread and one piece of white and American and cheddar cheese. Paiton got a kids one and Matt got the Kindergartner - wheat bread with cheddar cheese, and tomato soup to dip it in! It was fun!
Eating in the bus:
Then we headed to OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. We for some reason didn't take too many pictures though!
I carried Paiton in the Ergo backpack. I love that thing! If you have a kid you need one! You can use it until they weigh 90 pounds! So even when Paiton is in high school I can lug her around in it! ;)
She slept through a lot of it because it was nap time, so first we hit up the kid section:
They had a cool sand pit you could play in. For some reason Paiton was refusing to play with anything. She wouldn't let me put her down in the sand and she refused to touch it!
She did enjoy looking at the fish
Playing with the toys:
We got her into some rain gear to play in the water section, but she just wouldn't have it! She just clung to Matt!
They had SUCH a cool human body area. They had actual human fetus' on display from ages 30 days (which you could barely see) to a full term baby. They were all fetus' that had stopped living due to natural causes that they were able to preserve. It was really cool but there was a sign that said no pictures! :(
The main topic right now is space!
Here is Matt in a bunk bed in a space ship!
They also had a T-Rex!
Here is it's skull:
"Family" picture. You can't see Paiton because she is sleeping in the backpack!
I'm a space man!!
After OMSI we decided (Ok I decided) to head to Ikea! On the way there we realized we needed gas so I pulled off the freeway and we ended up getting lost! We just drove around forever trying to find the freeway again! We finally did and were a few miles back of where we started! Oregon is absolutely TERRIBLE about street signs! IF there are any posted they are tiny and hidden! We hate driving here!
But we did find Ikea!
After that we were hungry so we headed to Claim Jumper! I haven't ever been there with a baby and I was pleasantly surprised! It was awesome! They had a sticky place mat that stuck to the table for Paiton and they brought her a plate full of food to snack on until we ordered! It had a bowl of applesauce, a bowl of mandarin oranges, a stick of cheddar cheese, a stick of mozzarella cheese, and a rolled up piece of turkey! It was great!
Today we are planning on hitting up Voodoo Doughnuts for breakfast, then after lunch we are going to the zoo!! Woohoo!!





1 comment:
I have an Ergo and I have seriously carried Avery in it. And she's six! My kids are also lightweights.
So glad you went to VooDoo doughnuts. I've always wanted to go - but I've only been to Portland once.
Post a Comment