Brandon got his pathology report yesterday. He has Meckles Diverticulum(I think I spelled it right!) It is congenital and he had the tumor since birth! Its apparently very rare, only 2% of the population has it. I guess removing it is the only treatment! Its not dangerous or cancerous or anything. The pouch is filled with tissue and cells from other organs like the stomach, liver, pancreas. Normally it is reabsorbed in the womb but in some people that doesnt happen and it becomes attached to the small intestines. The surgeon said his was dying the cells were dying and became infected so thats why he got sick. No further treatment is needed and it won't come back so he just needs to heal from surgery and he's good! Good news!!
So, I guess he didn't eat his twin after all!
Very weird and the nerd in me is dying to research that, so I will be doing that later! :)
And about him eating his twin, Matt and I decided that what was most likely was that B actually had a twin but since he was such a giant baby when he was born he got hungry in the womb and ate him up and the baby's been there ever since just waiting to punish Brandon, hence the illness and surgery! Hehe :) We even named the twin Brandine.
Too bad it's not true, it's a good story!
(Check the post below for some exciting news...)





1 comment:
I looked it up on the internet and got some of the info from there but it matches what B told me (as much as he talks, we all know how much info that was!) Ha Ha!!
Post a Comment