Tabs

Sunday, December 5, 2010

17 weeks and counting!


Here are a couple pictures Matt took of me at my 17 week pregnant mark:

We find out on Wednesday the sex of the baby! I see on the poll that boy is winning with more than twice as many votes as girl! We are really hoping for a girl, but I just keep picturing a boy and find myself referring to it as a "he". Obviously we just want a healthy baby, but a girl would be nice too!!!! :)
If Matt is having an OK day at school he will get to leave to go to the appointment with me to find out the sex! If not, I am going to have the doctor write it down and seal it in an envelope so we can open it together when he gets home! This isn't my "big" ultrasound, that's the following week, but it is my 18 week check up and the doctor said she would take a peek and see if she could tell what it is! So we are definitely hoping! I will be drinking a pop and eating some skittles on the way to get that kid moving!! No shy baby please! :)
We have our names picked out already! We like to have names picked out pre-ultrasound so that we can start calling the baby by it's name! I know some people like to wait, or have a hard time picking out names, but not us! Paiton was Paiton from the moment we found out she was a girl and she is definitely a Paiton to us! (Just for a fun reminder, her boy name was Kai Tucker.)
SO....here they are!!
Our GIRL name is......

Sloane Harper Locke. This name has caused some controversy (you know who you are!) but Matt and I just love it and it was a done deal from the very beginning.

The BOY name is......

Quinn Jeffrey Locke. This was a bit harder for us. We had settled on a boy name (Bauer), but after a couple weeks of Bauer Matt decided that wasn't a name he was definitely settled on. So we brought up some more names and Quinn came up again (which originally we discussed as a girl name) and it was settled pretty quickly that Quinn was it.
And there you have it!! We will be posting a fun video update on Wednesday so be watching for it!!!!

4 comments:

Joe, Riki, and Caydence said...

I love Sloane, we have a friend with a little girl named Sloane and she is adorable. Now a days kids have the coolest names and they are so different, I love it. I really don't think name teasing is an issue anymore since Apple became a girls name ;)

Cami said...

Don't refer to me as a trouble maker. It's rude.

Randi said...

Sloane Harper is so cute! And I'm shocked that Cami is the troublemaker ;)

Carol said...

Ha Ha you girls make me laugh!! Funny how you're all so much alike - it's really quite weird!!!