Tabs

Monday, March 7, 2011

Congrats Matt!!


I need to take a second to brag. Not about Paiton this time, but about Matt. He is yet again proving what a good teacher he is and how LUCKY his school and students are to have him.
He applied for 2 grants for his classroom. I am not even going to try and explain in detail what they are for, but I will try to give a general idea (Matt - feel free to post a comment if I'm way off!) One is to help buy supplies and things for his classroom for some new ideas that he has for things like art projects, etc., to go along with his curriculum. The other one is for a new computer program curriculum that he would like to pilot and try. He is always searching for new things to try and ways to expand what and how he teaches his kids. He is SO good at writing grants, he has won every one he's ever applied for!
Here are his acceptance letters:
Also, this year he is in the Top 3 for Teacher of the Year. This is only his 3rd year teaching, and this is the 2nd year in a row he's been in the Top 3!! I am eagerly awaiting news of whether he won or not when he gets home today. He has some tough competition, but if he doesn't win, it's only because no one has a clue how hard he works at what he does! GOOD LUCK MATTY!!

Now for some cute pictures! :)
That is one passed out baby!
We got the Playstation Move over the weekend and Matt downloaded a music game he thought P would like:
He painted her name on the TV :)
Her turn!
Sunday morning movie watching with Daddy!
Last night she was watching Dora and wanted Dora in her chair next to her!
This morning I got up with Matt and closed the garage door behind him at 6:30 like I always do. It was raining pretty hard. I edited some pictures and took a shower, and the next time I looked out the window there at least an inch of SNOW!!! Paiton was pretty happy to see the snow when she woke up! :)
Here she is checking it out with her big girl braids!
I had my 31 week check up today with Dr. Jones. Ema Riggs came with us and got to hear Quinn's heartbeat! She also got to see how helpful Paiton is. She helped take my blood pressure, measure my belly, and do the heart rate monitor for Dr. Jones! Everything looks great, measuring right on track and his heart is really strong! Only a little over 9 weeks to go, and I need every minute of it!
Paiton and I have a BIG week ahead of us:
I stocked up on all sorts of toddler drinks and we are going to potty train!! I didn't schedule any meetings for the rest of the week and we are not going to leave the house! I literally have NO idea what I'm doing and haven't researched this at all, so I'm going to wing it. It is definitely unlike me, I tend to over-analyze and research too much! ;) I figure I'm only going to put a diaper on her at nap time and bed time and the rest of the day she is going to be in big girl panties and I'm going to give her as much to drink as I can so she has to go potty!
I think she will catch on fast, she would have been potty trained months ago if it were up to her, I have just been avoiding it, but since I refuse to have 2 kids in diapers, I guess I can't avoid anymore!! :( Wish us luck on our endeavor and I will update the blog as we go!! :)



5 comments:

Joe, Riki, and Caydence said...

Good Luck with the potty training. That is why I only have 1, I refused to go through it 2x ;). Oh, and #1 is easy it's #2 that is NOT :-0. Oh yeah, congrats Matt.

Derek and Lori said...

Congrats to Matt. I think that you are a very special person to do the job that you do. It takes a very special person to do that job every day. I love hearing your stories too!!

Carol said...

YAY MATTY!!!! SO, SO proud of you as always! Love you!!

Dorothy said...

Matt, your students are so lucky to have you for their teacher as you are always thinking of better ways to teach. So proud of you. Love you, Grandma

Dorothy said...

Ashley, it was so neat to hear Quinn's heartbeats and to watch Paiton help the doctor. I don't know if Dr. Jones could do it without her. Thanks for inviting to be with you. I also enjoy our yummy lunch. Love you both.