We got her all dressed and took {too many} pictures at home before we left. Apparently I went overboard because finally Paiton yelled at me "Get that camera off your face!" :)
But I have to warn you, these are the CUTEST pictures you'll see in your life!
We had a little mishap and her skirt fell off (the smallest skirt I could find ANYWHERE was still too big!)


And had to get a picture of her cute hair!
After the quick pictures at home we headed to dance class! We got there and I had to fill out some paperwork and Paiton and the other girls (there are only 4 total, one of which was the teacher's daughter, Paiton is the youngest, the rest are 3), watched ballerina Dora, which made Paiton VERY happy!
Then it was time for class to start!
In the beginning Paiton was a very good listener. She would attempt to do what the teacher asked and would smile and wave at me through the doors. I think she was a little disappointed that "dance class" didn't actually entail much dancing, mostly learning how to stand, etc. These pictures are all taken through glass doors, so they aren't great, and a lot of them are blurry because the girls were moving - but you'll get a good idea of how cute it was!!
Learning "first position"
It was about at this time that my little princess started losing interest in "standing pretty" and learning first position. She also lost interest in her skirt, which kept sliding down and making her mad, so we had to take it off. I need to look for or make a smaller one.
Thinking about what to do...
And she's off!
She ran to the back of the class and just started dancing...
Shake it girl!
Anytime the teacher would ask her to come join the rest of the class she would respond "But I'm dancing!" At one point she told the teacher "I'm not listening to you teacher!" She continued her own dancing, rolling around on the floor, and basically doing everything in her power to do what SHE wanted. Now if you know me, you know I do NOT think it's funny or cute when Paiton misbehaves. BUT, in her defense, it WAS dance class and she WAS dancing...so I kind of let it slide. I did keep asking her to listen and stay with her class of course, but how do you tell a 2 year old to stop dancing in dance class!? Especially one that can shake her hips like this one can!
Doing her own thing:
And probably my favorite part - she kept running up to the glass doors, pressing her face and her hands against it and screaming at me (I was a whole foot and a half away) "I love you so much Mommy!" or "I need kisses right now Mommy!"
Overall I really would say that dance class was a success. She had SO much fun and talked about it that entire day and still is talking about it. She can't wait to go back this week. So while the other parents and the teacher might be thinking that my kid doesn't listen and is "the one" in class, I am thinking that she's pretty dang cool and will get the hang of it eventually.
All of that dancing wears a girl out:







1 comment:
That is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life! I can't wait for k to be in dance class. We need to put them in clogging!! Haha I have a friend who teaches dance in kuna and meridian....like jazz and tap. Maybe p needs something a little more upbeat :) let me know if she starts getting bored and I'll give u her info :) ps tutus are easy to make :)
Post a Comment