Tabs

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Potty Training - Day 1


Yesterday I started attempting to potty train Paiton. I thought it would be a piece of cake because she's so smart and has been wanting to be potty trained, but I think it's HARDER because she's so smart. She knows what I want her to do and she knows that she is in control of whether she does or not!! We did come out yesterday with a winning record - 5 successes and 4 accidents. The accidents were doozies too - one on the tile that she tried to then run away from, but slipped and fell in the potty which made her cry. Then she went to her usual poop hiding spot, pooped in her panties, then got mad when I changed her because it was "gross", but she sure didn't mind sitting in it until I caught her! Then another accident all over my couch, and one more small accident.
She had 5 successes which resulted in Spongebob stickers and a Skittle every time. (Sometimes 2 Skittles to keep things interesting.)
All wrapped up in her Tinkerbell blankey from Nannie!
Big girl panties on and ready to go!
Attempt 1 - a success!
Of course Dora had to get in on the action throughout the day.

She had a really hard day attitude and sleep wise. She cried for about 3 hours before finally taking a nap that lasted 25 minutes and resulted in her waking up screaming and crying. I called insurance about the sleep test because I am at the end of my rope with this whole not sleeping thing, and they informed me that they don't consider sleep tests "Medically Necessary" unless it's due to sleep apnea, which they don't believe that Paiton has. So I called the sleep doctor back hoping she would have a suggestion. No word yet!
I am hoping that with me taking "off" work this week (as in just not leaving for meetings, I'm still attempting to work from the couch while working with P) we can bust out this potty training thing. We still have all of today and tomorrow and Friday after dance class plus the weekend if necessary that we can lock ourselves in the house until it clicks - which I really hope it does!! I have no idea what I'm doing, so I hope it works!!

1 comment:

Joe, Riki, and Caydence said...

It takes patience and lots of candy :)(we did M&M's). There will be accidents, but that's ok. Try long term treats too, like if she goes a week with no accidents she gets a toy and then sleeping through the night with no accidents she gets another toy. Hang in there, she will get the hang of it.