Tabs

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Paiton's First Time Out

I know what you're thinking..."You can put a fetus in time out?" Well, yes and no. This morning I put Paiton in a time out. Why? Because I was on the verge of losing my mind. Or maybe I already had and the result was a nonborn child being put in a time out. Yesterday was a looong day for us. I worked for the first time in over a week. I left early at about 1 pm but then helped Matt get supplies for his new classroom and get the classroom ready. So we didn't even get home until 10 pm. Which means we were gone from 7:15 am to 10 pm. That was a long day for me considering prior to yesterday I had been on my feet exactly zero hours a day. Not smart, I know Mom. Sorry. Luckily I felt fine, just tired and achy. At about 11 after eating dinner from Wendy's (where they "ran out of chicken nuggets". What is that?! How does Wendy's run out of chicken nuggets. I am still pouting about this...) we finally went to bed. I laid on my heating pad and it felt oh so good. At about the time Matt fell asleep Paiton woke up. And apparently decided to have a dance party and invite all her fetus friends to my uterus. No joke. That baby moved and kicked and swirled and rolled and jabbed ALL NIGHT LONG. Maybe she is celebrating the Olympics? I don't know. I could feel some swimming, some definitely fencing, some parallel bars, and possibly some trampoline gymnastics. I begged and pleaded with my unborn child to stop so Mommy could get some rest. Nope. I couldn't get comfortable and eventually just gave in and spent the night wide awake imagining what it looked like in there. It was pretty entertaining. Although by about 4:45 am when I thought it MUST be time to get up I was not such a happy camper. So I endured another hour until it was time to actually get up and then I informed Matt and Paiton that she was in a time out. Poor Matt couldn't understand why I was glaring at him and refusing to speak this morning, I forgot he slept through the nights events.
So back to the question, can you put a fetus in time out? Well yes, and I did. I informed her of it and that I did not appreciate the Olympics in the middle of the night when I was already not feeling great. Then holding back tears (emotional!?) I told Matt that I was done being pregnant and that November better get here QUICK because I want this baby out and I want to never be pregnant again. The No part of putting her in time out - she's an unborn baby. She is still in there rolling and punching and having a grand time. I don't know where she gets this energy. Oh yes I do, she sucks it all from me!! This baby better be cute!!! ;)

No comments: