Tabs

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Update/Pictures

Ok everyone, I haven't been able to post for awhile so I'll give you all an update and put up the rest of the pictures I have of the Lurcook's trip. Tuesday morning I woke up with what I thought was just a bladder infection. The doctor called me in a prescription but about an hour later I felt like someone had punched me in the back on the right side. Long story short, it got worse and worse and I ended up going to the hospital that afternoon. They tested my urine which was very infected and gave me a new prescription and some pain medicine and sent me home with a strainer in case I had a kidney stone. That night I had two kidney stones but the pain didn't go away. It kept getting worse and the pain meds didn't really touch it. Wednesday I saw my doctor who said it was probably a kidney stone stuck somewhere and to keep doing what I was doing. Wednesday night was miserable and Thursday I hurt constantly and couldn't even take deep breaths. Matt took me back to the hospital Thursday afternoon and they admitted me. I stayed in Antepartum Thursday night and didn't get to leave until about 8 pm on Friday. When I first got there I was having a lot of contractions and they were bad/frequent enough to require them to give me a shot of something to stop them. The first shot didn't work so I got a second one. That helped. Little Paiton stayed where she was. After that they gave me a shot of Morphine which the nurse told me would take away the pain and basically make me pass out - finally, some sleep! Well she gave me the shot and was amazed when it did....NOTHING! It didn't help one bit and I was still fully awake and aware of the pain I was in. Then they hooked me up to a morphine drip, the kind where you push the button anytime you need some. That seemed to help and for the first couple of hours I was pushing that button every 10 minutes. After we got on top of the pain it was bearable. So I spent the night in the hospital and ended up having to say goodbye to B, Carissa, and Cadon from my hospital bed :(
Today is Saturday and I am doing better. It still hurts but mostly only when I walk or move. Not just sitting anymore, which is good! They sent me home with some new pain meds, but I haven't take any yet. It makes me nervous to take all these drugs and not know what they could be doing to Paiton. So I'll wait and see how it goes. My family came to visit me twice - thanks for making the long drive guys!! And they brought me flowers. Rheayn also came to visit and bring me pretty flowers! Too sweet. And of course my hubby was there for the whole thing and took nothing short of AMAZING care for me. Needless to say, we are seriously considering that Paiton might be an only child. This has not been the easiest of pregnancies and we may call it quits after this! On the other hand, she may end up so perfect that we might need to make another one! :) Either way, we can't wait until she gets here - 86 days until my due date. Woohoo!
Oh and for those of you who asked - I got accepted into grad school. I got accepted into the Master's of Social Work program at BSU. I had to tell them that I'm having a baby in the fall so that probably won't work, but they deferred my admission to next fall. So fall of 2009 I'm already on the roster and don't have to reapply. Woohoo!
So I didn't get to spend much time with the Lurcook's at the end of their trip which really bummed me out. The doctor also said I can't fly to Virginia next week like planned :( That makes me really sad and I can't really think about it right now. Here are some of the pictures I have from the end of their time here:

Playing on the trampoline with Abba and Mymy

The next few pics are from when Cadon spent the night with Uncle Matt and I. Then Matt had to go to work the next day so Cadon and I hung out and it was sooo fun!! He is a great little buddy to have and I am so excited for him to live here soon!

Playing on the stairs with Keilah - his new best friend and just his size!He got exhausted and laid on the floor :)
Cadon wanted to play with the guitar so bad. Here he is playing Guitar Hero :)

Playing on the bed with Keilah.He found this big chair at Target and wanted to sit in it. Titi lets him do pretty much whatever he wants!
Anyone who knows Cadon knows his obsession with balls!! He loooved these "Big balls" outside of Target. It was traumatizing when we had to say goodbye to them.
Right before this he was actually hugging the ball....
Looking at the fish at Petco, another thing I discovered he loves. How easy is this kid to entertain!?
He had way too much fun with Titi and fell asleep in the car on the way home.
Abba and Cadon
Nana and Cadon
Walking after eating lunch with Nana and Papa.
Cami and Cadon
Look at that hair! Eating cake before we went to get our pictures taken.

In the overalls Titi got him.
We had so much fun with them visiting! I hope everyone likes the pictures. We did get family pictures taken on Sunday. I wish I had a video camera with me when we did. Cadon had a hard time sitting still and "posing" so we ended up having to bribe him with rocks. Who would have thought....rocks!! At the end the photographer wanted to take some pictures of just Cadon and I wish you all could have been there. He was like a miniature super model! He was posing and putting his hands up on his hand and twirling around. It was the funniest thing ever. He even went and posed behind a tree. Too cute!! As soon as I get those pictures I'll put some up here. They should be good!!

No comments: