This is an un-date because I have literally no update. I had an appointment today at 11 am. We were taken back to the room right away but then we sat there alone, me half naked, until 12:20 when the doctor finally came in. I promised Matt that if I heard the words "Still one and a half centimeters" I was going to freak out. She checked me and said "Well, it looks like you're still one and a half centimeters." She stripped my membranes again, which hurt, again. Then she said she'll see me twice a week to do it until Paiton comes. She also scheduled my induction for November 19. That's TWELVE DAYS AWAY, if anyone is keeping count.
This is not what we were hoping for, but rarely do things go the way I want them to so I can't say I'm surprised! Of COURSE I am in the 1/3 of people that stripping membranes doesn't work for. Not sure why we're still doing it! I am not sure what is wrong with my body, but apparently it doesn't understand the concept of making progress on it's own.
Anyway, that's my un-date, my non update. Thanks to everyone who called/emailed to ask how the appointment went. If I didn't call you back it's just because I am in a bad mood and it's not really anyone's fault, so don't think I don't appreciate it, I do, I'm just done with all this and am getting really frustrated!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Oh I forgot, do you have a Trader Joes nearby? Their red curry has worked wonders for kicking it in gear on at least three occasions that I know of. Also, jumping on a trampoline helps - it also helps the feet circulation thing too :)
Post a Comment